• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Sold For sale 2021 Yamaha 255 XD (South Lyon, MI)

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Like new 2021 Yamaha 255 XD with 88 hours at time of listing. Upgrades include Cobra jet steering, Raymarine Axiom 9+ with transducer, heavy duty trailer jack, Goodyear Endurance radial trailer tires. Added Noco battery charger/maintainer, on board air for inflatables, trailer guide posts, and backup bilge pump with alarm. Includes aluminum Fortress FX-7 anchor, Yamaha service manual, phender pros, transom fatsac, and new mooring cover with Hangtyte ropes. Also includes transferable Yamaha extended warranty until July 2026. Asking $85,000.

Attachments

Last edited:

n0mad17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked one of these up. Seems like a fair price with the warranty. Why are you selling? GLWS

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My family isn’t as available to go boating as they used to be. I want to switch to an aluminum deep v fish and ski that I can use for mostly fishing and the occasional tubing.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Blueturtle,
Do you mind sharing details about your experiences with the surfgate etc onboard these new boats?

I used to have a 2007 AR 230 and loved it. Only issue was difficulty to actually surf the wave, and why I am looking at this model.

Deff. interested in what you have for sale

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It makes a surfable wave but it is smaller than a true surf boat. This can be improved with the rear Yamaha specific fat sac, which I have. My last boat was a Malibu surf boat so I have a basis for comparison. Setting up the rear fat sac is an extra hassle so I don’t use it always but I absolutely prefer the Yamaha it is way easier to drive and way more versatile. The Malibu had issues with shallow launches, shallow areas and couldn’t handle any waves on lake St Clair or Lake Erie or even mullet lake. The Yamaha has no issues. I took it 30 miles across rough water to Put-in-Bay.
The Malibu drove like a cement truck comparably and was a pain to dock especially when windy or rough.
The Yamaha is fast and nimble. I also like the drive system when docking.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the info. Can you add more Ballast to work with the Connect system?

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If you mean add a hardwired or hard plumbed extra additional ballast then no I don’t think that would be feasible. There is no where you would want to permanently add an additional ballast.
I have 2 smaller 300 lb fat sacs that I place on a seat or floor that I sometimes use if there are not many people in the boat but to get the best wave you need to use the big transom fat sac.