• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How I Replaced Yamaha's AIRMAR Transducer for half the cost (WITH PICTURES)

Stephane Poirier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you solved the problem? did you replace the transducer?

CBallr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The transducer is replaced but it did not fix the issue. It worked for 10-15 minutes and is back to erroring. Now its immediately erroring. I saw another thread where another person had to go through 3 before it fixed the issue. I'll be contacting Yamaha this week to see how they want to proceed.

Jonsmith02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So I was able to get the transducer today. Went smoothly. I dont think I was there more than 15 min. They gave me the transducer, downloaded what they needed from in back of the screen and I was out of there. Here are the pics.
View attachment 213384View attachment 213385View attachment 213386
@jpdaley1026 what dealer did you get this at? Any information you can send me? I like that there is no splice on it. I’d like to give them a call and does this replace for an SX190? Speed/depth/temp?

Jonsmith02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey all,

I got sick of waiting form my warranty transducer to arrive, so I bought a new one... installed it... then the warranty item arrived. My shop let me keep the warranty part, so I'm offering it up here for sale first. It is part number F2K-U8K1W-00. Same as the image in post #180 of this thread, which you can see is $660 retail. I'll take a reasonable offer here before I dump it on eBay. PM with offer. Still brand new in sealed box
@nonissan do you still have this? Assume it fits sx190? Does it have the same cable end as this?

Attachments

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@jpdaley1026 what dealer did you get this at? Any information you can send me? I like that there is no splice on it. I’d like to give them a call and does this replace for an SX190? Speed/depth/temp?
I got it at Lynnhaven Marine in VA Beach, Va. Cant say for sure if it is the same one for you or not. If you call them , they might know for sure.