• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha 242 SE Connext Screen

Rv6kitfox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Connext display issues, I’ve read through the forums.

When house and start batteries are turned on:

-the blower will randomly come on for 3-5 seconds then it goes off…or it does not come on at all. The 5 minute timer however does count down regardless.

-The navigation/running lights come on

-the display may or may not show voltage for the batteries.

-joystick controls don’t work

-Error messages as seen in the pics.

-Both engines start right up

-no tach displays

-no F/N/R displayed

-Depth readout on display is blinking

Last pic is the display with the engines running.
Although the volts on the display don’t change, the batteries they at 12.8V when off and 14.1V when engines are running.

Although both batteries tested good I replaced them anyway with brand new.

-I disconnected and reconnected every plug under the helm and in the engine compartment.
-I removed and checked ever fuse inside the engine compartment back well in the fuse panel
-I Checked the CAN fuses under the helm
-Disconnected the GPS plug and reconnected
-Disconnected BCU plugs in engine compartment and reconnected.
-Removed the battery switches by the batteries and and verified all connections were proper and tight
-Tried the ‘reset’ by turning the battery switches on and starting the engines for a couple minutes the shutting down and repeating multiple times.
-Tries disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries multiple times.

Best way to check grounds?? Main cables travel from battery compartment to engine bay on Port side??

I’m at a loss at this point, thanks in advance for ANY suggestions.

IMG_7226.jpegIMG_7227.jpegIMG_7223.jpeg

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hmm. Do you want analog tachs as well as the digital info in the Connext screen? Does the stereo work? Fuel gauge?

I had similar problems on my 2017 212X. Turns out the problem was the port side tach. A lot of the info going to the Connext screen goes through this tach in my boat. Counter intuitive but that's how Yamaha built it.

Rv6kitfox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Connext display issues, I’ve read through the forums.

When house and start batteries are turned on:

-the blower will randomly come on for 3-5 seconds then it goes off…or it does not come on at all. The 5 minute timer however does count down regardless.

-The navigation/running lights come on

-the display may or may not show voltage for the batteries.

-joystick controls don’t work

-Error messages as seen in the pics.

-Both engines start right up

-no tach displays

-no F/N/R displayed

-Depth readout on display is blinking

Last pic is the display with the engines running.
Although the volts on the display don’t change, the batteries they at 12.8V when off and 14.1V when engines are running.

Although both batteries tested good I replaced them anyway with brand new.

-I disconnected and reconnected every plug under the helm and in the engine compartment.
-I removed and checked ever fuse inside the engine compartment back well in the fuse panel
-I Checked the CAN fuses under the helm
-Disconnected the GPS plug and reconnected
-Disconnected BCU plugs in engine compartment and reconnected.
-Removed the battery switches by the batteries and and verified all connections were proper and tight
-Tried the ‘reset’ by turning the battery switches on and starting the engines for a couple minutes the shutting down and repeating multiple times.
-Tries disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries multiple times.

Best way to check grounds?? Main cables travel from battery compartment to engine bay on Port side??

I’m at a loss at this point, thanks in advance for ANY suggestions.

View attachment 220122View attachment 220123View attachment 220124
I fixed it!

Rv6kitfox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good stuff. What was the problem?
Fusion Audio head on the swim platform had some corrosion on a couple of the connectors. As soon as I unplugged the connectors the Connext display worked as it should. I’m going to pull the fusion harnesses back up into the helm and reinstall it in the bow area. Too much water on the swim platform for the Fusion to last very long.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's weird how the audio system affects the Connext. I accidentally nicked the wire going from the HU to the swim platform controller and the Connext gave off lots of errors until it was fixed