• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Launching, Loading, Travel, Operations, Care of Jetboats Checklist

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Has anyone ever endeavored to create a checklist to help remind them of all the things that are required for launching, loading, travel prep, operation, and care of their boat? My goal would be to have a laminated sheet in the boat that would remind me and all the people that may use the boat of what to do in each case. Some things are boating in general like install the plug and remove straps that you would think everyone would remember. Other things are jet specific that most non-jet operators wouldn't think about like drain cleanout ports or run engines dry. I don't like being the one and only repository of this info.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes, at least for launching / operation, I beleive TX8vatr did it many years ago,

maybe look in the FAQ section at the top of the page,

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that @Bizywk also has a checklist. Maybe he’ll chime in.

FiftyYardFistFight

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I'll take a kick at this. I haven't found a checklist on here yet, but I'll offer a contribution for your review. I'm a relatively new boater, so please feel free to offer your criticism for my improvement.

My background is as an airline pilot, so this informs how I created this. A checklist in my mind is not a grocery list and it is not a DO list. The point of a checklist like this is to save you from a mistake that may cause a safety problem or damage. It is simple and minimal - if it isn't safety or damage related, it doesn't belong on a checklist. You don't want to be distracted by extra items at the checklist phase. Your job is to prepare for the day. Load your gear and whatever you're taking. Do a geographical walkaround of your vehicle and boat. Test and inspect and be satisfied that you think you are ready. Do not rush.

When you think you are ready, call the checklist. If you have a friend handy, one reads, the other responds. Both of you are paying attention.

There are only 2 checklist so far and they are short: Towing Checklist and Launch Checklist. I could see adding a docking checklist, or emergency checklists. I've attached the same checklists in a prettier format.

UPDATED: See attachment. If you like it, you can cut it out, fold it and laminate it.

Attachments

Last edited: