• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 sx190 monster wake tower MTK install

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It's not 3 inches, I was wrong. It's actually a bit more. I remeasured and it almost 8 inches. Sorry, don't know where I got that from.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And I am more with the 4 inch extensions but wanted more level. Still fits in garage barely

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok I got exactly 1 foot behind my boat so I should be safe

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Did they specify its the longer bolt to be used on the top gunnel vs side mounted? I don't remember the specs on the bolts they sent me after I order it. Maybe they realized that and started sending the longer bolt from the get go.

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I told them top gunnel when I get to the install I will document all the sizes

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you decide about extensions? and type? Plates would require even longer. Cylinders just the regular longer screws.
I do like the way it leveled it. But certainly could go either way. Just dont want you to drill and then not be happy with it.

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven’t yet I am assuming I will go with plates since that would be easier for me to get done.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was shocked how easy it was for a machine shop. He just went in back and came out with piece of solid aluminum rod. Said, we will cut it, tap it on both ends, order a threaded rod same thread as what came with tower so will thread in tower and polish.
But I gotcha, plate would likely work too.

LKMSurfing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just completed my 192 & decided to side mount to get the correct angle of teh tower. This also gave me the same bimini coverage as the factory bimini.

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@LKMSurfing that white powder coat look really nice!

Last edited:

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The install is done took one entire day but I only had one helper for half the day. I used 1/2 wood below the deck and those longer bolts are absolutely necessary. I am now debating on what method I want to use to get the tower more level. I am still thinking a spacer under the bracket since I am pretty much out of room in the garage. That would require even longer bolts for the rear bracket but I am sure I could source those.

IMG_1357.jpeg

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looking good!