• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Crab Island Destin FL Gathering

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How many folks can we get for a get together at Crab Island in Destin, FL? I was thinking Sat October 4th. Things get crazy for me about mid October through November. Might be my last chance.

Panama City Folks could meet up and run over via the intercoastal waterway. Should be a nice run.

Crab_Island1.jpg

@JetBoatPilot
@Wayloncle
@ToddW850
@fodshaker

Last edited:
Sounds good to me!

I'll be down there the 18-26 in october. We always hit crab island on a rental 'toon

CRAP....WTH was I thinking...the 11th is my 20th anniversary weekend. We're going out of town (not sure where yet) So, I have to make it Oct 4th.

CRAP....WTH was I thinking...the 11th is my 20th anniversary weekend. We're going out of town (not sure where yet) So, I have to make it Oct 4th.
Tell her you are taking her out of town to Destin:-)

Tell her you are taking her out of town to Destin:)

LOL...I tried that, apparently she wants me to spend a lot more money than that....she envisions airplanes and luxury hotels. I envision a drive to somewhere that has a days inn. I might see if she wants a new ring instead of a trip, at least it would be something tangable. Not that I don't like vacations, but I travel a ton for work and we have gone on a couple vacations this year. Airports arent any fun for me.

Bonus is that I have a ton of FF miles and plenty of Hilton points, it probably wouldn't be that expensive.

@Big Shasta, our 20th anniversary will be spent in Bimini in 2016. I know she would have to patient waiting for next years trip in June. But she will have plenty of time to get ready and excited. It is only a days drive to Fort Lauderdale to launch. So I think a well planed Bimini trip next June is the best plan for your anniversary:cool:

@Big Shasta, our 20th anniversary will be spent in Bimini in 2016. I know she would have to patient waiting for next years trip in June. But she will have plenty of time to get ready and excited. It is only a days drive to Fort Lauderdale to launch. So I think a well planed Bimini trip next June is the best plan for your anniversary:cool:

I like the sound of that. BUT, I know she would never count that for our anniversary. However, I did bring it up to her a few days ago and said we need to go. My daughter Graduates in June so it will be dependant on what the dates are. I said it could be a graduation party trip. She was all for it. Now I'll just have to see if the stars align.

I saw this crossing the bridge last month and did not know this was Crab Island. Now I want to bring the boat when we go out there in a few weeks.

I saw this crossing the bridge last month and did not know this was Crab Island. Now I want to bring the boat when we go out there in a few weeks.
You should, It's beautiful.

I will be on the road that weekend visiti g our Florida dealer network. Can we push it forward a couple of weeks?

We are having my sons Birthday Party on the 4th, so I'm out for that day:-/

I will be back in town on the 11th so we could possibly make that date if the wife will approve it. Otherwise we may have to pass on this one and plan for the spring.

the 11th is out for me....How about the 18th.

18th hmmm...well it's the anniversary of my first marriage, and my Uncle's Birthday (but he passed away about 10 years ago).....so yeah, I might be able to do that one:-)

Back