• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Defective Yamaha cover

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought a while back since my current cover was starting to show some age. Turned out to last me two more seasons. Just put this cover on today and lo and behold it appears to have been manufactured wrong. Guess I should have tried it on when it first arrived.Cover 2.jpgCover 1.jpg

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they missed the corner of the cover just a tad !!!!! LOL If you cant get them to give you a discount or new cover............I would just cut the nylon strap off the and use some of the extra strap that hangs down to reattach the plastic to the proper area..........you have enough extra nylon strap and moving the plastic is one less thing to purchase.

You can purchase nylon webbing and the plastic buckle for around 20 bucks on Amazon and pay someone to sew it on..........my wife would charge me more for the fancy dinner for her to sew it on. So the fabric shop would be cheaper for me.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As I guessed its a no go from Leaders RPM. Who makes these for Yamaha? Outer Armor ?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The cover we recently purchased did not even have the rear straps. We tried trailering with it but it partially came off while driving. My wife installed new straps .

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, does anyone have a trick to keep the rubber nub on the top of the folding windscreen from poking through the cover?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, does anyone have a trick to keep the rubber nub on the top of the folding windscreen from poking through the cover?
I use a pool noodle, split down the middle length wise to go over the entire windshield frame and it covers that rubber nub so that it doesnt rub thru on the cover.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received a reply from outer armor that they will repair it.
Thanks for the pool noodle suggestion.