• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time boat owner - 23 222SD or 24 222S

JKWBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hello all and thanks for the help in advance.

Looking to buy my first boat to run in Southern Florida and the Keys and I'm wanting opinions on which boat to buy! 2024 222S (two-year warranty) or 2023 222SD (don't know warranty yet) for about $6500 less?

The only disadvantage that I'm tracking for the SD is the 1.8L vs the 1.9- ~ 40 less HP and I have read the 1.8 is significantly louder.

Advantages - Electronic throttle, Drive, 12.3 screen, electronic start to name a few.

The answer seems obvious now that I type it, but interested in your thoughts.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have the means just go with the 2024, I would definitely get the extended warranty for peace of mind on the new 1.9L engine.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We bought a 24 222SE 3 weeks ago. Coming from a 21 195 S the 1.9's are definitely quitter and we love the 12.3-inch screen. We elected not to go with the SD as the Drive system takes up a significant of the starboard helm storage.