• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fresh water shower not working but I figured out the problem

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Because of this site, I read that the shower can develop an air bubble in the line and not allow water to flow. My shower motor was running (I could here it) but now water was coming out. The fix....
I screwed in the hose to the fill connector and turned it on while running the shower. In about 20 seconds, water began to flow!

T h a n k Y o u !

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just did the same thing tonight. Same issue. Glad I knew what to do!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine does the same thing! Getting the boat from storage tomorrow and before the lake hooking it to the hose. I love this site!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's called "air bound". Just need to bleed or force the air out.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I did the same thing, and got the shower running while the fill hose was connected - but after I turned the hose off it stopped working again. Any thoughts?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I did the same thing, and got the shower running while the fill hose was connected - but after I turned the hose off it stopped working again. Any thoughts?
Is there an air vent on the tank? Is it clogged?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is why I added my own shower...I recall similar issues on my 2011 242LS with the shower, not to mention the weak spray it gives. You'd think a shower wouldnt be a PITA on these boats. We pay to much for something not to work properly.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never followed up. Tried it again on the water, and it worked fine, go figure. Maybe it just needed to get jostled around on the tow over to get air bubbles out.

I looked like quite a putz talking about it to my wife. Are you sure the switch was on? Yes, I'M SURE. "Lemme try". Voila.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is why I added my own shower...I recall similar issues on my 2011 242LS with the shower, not to mention the weak spray it gives. You'd think a shower wouldnt be a PITA on these boats. We pay to much for something not to work properly.
Do you have a thread about how you did the install? I want to do the same thing on my '17 AR240. I worked on RV's for a while so I'm good on the plumbing and wiring stuff, but more interested in where you chose to place things like the tank and what size tank along with measurements. thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have specific thread on just the shower, but I do have 17 AR240 and it's probably my favorite mod so far. I wanted to have a fresh water shower like I did in my 242LS, so I searched around and found the spraybox and worked with the owner to find a custom tank he was able to adapt his hardware to. It's a 6 gal tank, pump is 100psi with a 25ft hose with multifunction nozzle and easy to wire directly to the battery hardwire or with gator clips. I was gonna put it in the same location at the stock shower but my installer accidentally found this location which ended up being perfect for what I wanted.

I've used it on my last 2 trips....misting people down, washing off sand, utensils, and I even hosed the boat and trailer off when I pulled it off the lake before wiping it down. I put RO water so it dries spotless just in case. The hose is long enough for me to reach the front of the boat which is a plus.

My favorite mod! My installer threw a nice flush mount switch to make it easy to operate.

Never have to worry about the piping or venting issues some experience like in the stock system and it makes a bad ass water gun when you set it to jet on the nozzle.

This location for me was optimal for 2 reasons...I now store my easy up canopy and chairs in the stock location of the shower and having it on the transom where most people enter or exit and where its wet makes it easy to pull it out and put it up.

34530.jpeg 34538.jpeg 34536.jpeg 20180407_143150.jpg