• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hidden Ballast

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have been tagging along in a few other threads with my ballast questions and ideas. To date I have purchased the Eight 3 CTN 800 plug and play bag (it does not have the red pop up port). It fits closer to the 190 series boats rear under seat storage area. I don't think it will fill to its full capacity but if it does follow the contours of the boat and it can bellow out a bit it will certainly hit the 750 mark if not the full 8oo if the bags can conform a little. Today I ordered 10' battery cables and a bossman 3/8 junction block ($6.00 on Amazon) for the grounds. I am relocating the battery to under the pass side console to clear the way for the bag. With this set up I could automate it down the road if I wanted or easily flip the bag to the driver side for goofy surfing or to the ski locker for wake boarding, which is probably what I will do since we are only talking 1 bag to deal with for wake surfing or wake boarding. The only real modification beyond moving the battery is also relocating the fire extinguisher to the top of the ledge it was attached too and trimming the screws from the rub rail towards the stern, I think I had to trim 8 of them and they are grouped 2 together. I am looking for grey/black cloth that matches what the factory used to cover the screws with, even though they have been smoothed I want a little more chaff protection. Pictures will follow as parts arrive. Total expense of the ballast was just under $300 but I later added the fly high check valve ($39.00) from Wake Makers to try to help keep the water out of the compartment. Custom battery cables by BestBoatWire.com is $50 shipped. Once I source the material and a can or two of 3M contact adhesive this mod will be done.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ill be staying tuned. My bags should be here tomorrow, cant wait to see what kind of wake we can plow up.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like gonna be a good summer with bigger wake.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I picked up @dustinjean 's set up This spring. Two 540 lbers and two 350 lbers. Not sure where I'll be placing Them, but I'm sure all or just some of them will be getting moved around until it's all dialed in. I'll update as well as I figure things out this summer. Since its still kinda cold here I'm installing a second battery, two amps and a sub as I type this.:):singing:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received confirmation this am that my battery cables have been made and shipped so I may have this done by the weekend... will keep you updated.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My cables arrived today, might get some time tomorrow to start the relocate.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well the battery move and ballast install is done. I moved the battery to the pass compartment (Monday I will install a 4 channel amp when it arrives). I had to relocate the charcoal canister, I just unbolted the brackets moved them up one hole and drilled in new top holes. Moved it at least an inch so it will be less intrusive on the bag. With the battery gone, the 800# bag fits like a dream. I'm hoping since the compartment is 4" wider than the bag and being it is 4" shorter that the bag will fill out to achieve 750-800# of ballast. I also installed the dual USB port to charge my phone. It's not finished till my piggy back spade connectors come in Monday but at least the itchy part is done.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great! It should be sweet to have that much ballast in the left rear corner like that with nothing on the seats. Well done! The ram mount looks good too, that's on my list of mods as well.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@skrip345 Thanks, I am awaiting a few more odds and ends, piggy back connectors, amp etc that is due in today. Not sure if I will get it installed today or not but it is working out. The ram mount I used the suction as I already had it. If it does not stay well where it is, I will probably get the base that you screw on. I was originally going to get a remote for the stereo (and I still may) but I found as others I am sure already know, that you can control the volume of the deck when you are bluetooth streaming. Since I will be using a free speed app to know how fast I am going for surfing (perfect pass will be a later purchase) and the app has the volume control right on the bottom I thought it may work out perfect. I will know more this coming weekend when it is all put to the test.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Everything looks great!!! Can't wait to see the wake!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider well I can tell you if I can't get it to surf this weekend, a new boat will be in my near future. It sucks doing mods, holding back on other mods to figure out what will work. My buddy keeps telling me to sell and buy a used Nautique but I am partial to Yamaha... been running their motors for years and always had great luck, plus I really like the looks and styling of the boats and when you compare them to a Nautique or equivalent, the price isn't too shabby either... I just can't justify 90K for a 21' boat no matter how hard I try...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally finished the last part of the ballast, installed the chafe protection. Wasn't too hard to do other than being a contortionist but it's done.
image.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider well I can tell you if I can't get it to surf this weekend, a new boat will be in my near future. It sucks doing mods, holding back on other mods to figure out what will work. My buddy keeps telling me to sell and buy a used Nautique but I am partial to Yamaha... been running their motors for years and always had great luck, plus I really like the looks and styling of the boats and when you compare them to a Nautique or equivalent, the price isn't too shabby either... I just can't justify 90K for a 21' boat no matter how hard I try...
N0 need to do anything drastic. You will be able to get it to surf. It may not be Nautique quality wave but eventually with a bigger Yamaha we can get you there.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wouldn't be able to afford a late model nautique and that's what it would have to be to have the NSS system. It's getting closer to lake time. As of right now I have about 15min of work to do in the AM then I am going to load the boat and head out.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got to test the bag out and how it fills the compartment. Actual wake tests will happen tomorrow. With the list I am very hopeful!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It looks like its going to work fine for you!! I bet you are getting 600-700 lbs in there! Congratulations! I will have to take a pic of mine if I can with the 400 only for reference.

Guys I must say...I am loving how the 190 section has picked up in just the months since I bought my boat. There was very LITTLE action in here at the end of summer last year.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain I couldn't agree more. As I have said before I really do love my 192 and hope it works, if I have to go to something bigger it takes away the ease of backing in my garage (I currently can leave the tower up as she just clears) and it is small enough that if I leave it at my friends house in TN I can drive my bronco down and have no worries of moving it to the lake and splashing it though I would not want to tow it the 60+ miles with the bronco to get there. I will post some wake pics later today.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks like its going to work fine for you!! I bet you are getting 600-700 lbs in there! Congratulations! I will have to take a pic of mine if I can with the 400 only for reference.

Guys I must say...I am loving how the 190 section has picked up in just the months since I bought my boat. There was very LITTLE action in here at the end of summer last year.
You're right! I love seeing so much action relevant to my boat. Loving my AR even more. I too will have some testing with my ballast tonight. I will get some pics, hopefully we can get it dialed in.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What do you guys think of this? Now I was still in the boat and found moving one person to that corner cleaned it up a lot. I will try to surf it later today but so far I am a happy camper! Keep in mind with this I was driving and trying to film at the same time so it pretty much sucks but I think you can see enough.