• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to add additional water to your stock 212X ballast bags

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here are the reprogram instructions for the ballast controller.

The timers that maxed out at 6 minutes were only available in 2007. After that all modules should have a maximum time of 20 minutes.

Fill-Drain Time Set up
• Obtain correct tank size
• Pump fills at approx 10 GPM
• Disconnect all battery from main boat connection for at least 30 seconds. Disconnect plug between
pump and the Active Intelligence box until programming is complete. Reconnect power from battery
and immediately start toggling switch to enter program mode.
• Push toggle to the fill position and toggle between fill and drain 5 times stopping in the off position each
time (fill-off-drain-off-fill-off, Etc.) Do not rush. This should be done in a slow methodical 1 second at
each position pace. Unit will blink when you have entered program mode and the number of blinks will
indicate the current fill time in 30 second intervals.
• To increase fill time - toggle between off and the fill position, each toggle increases the fill time by 30
seconds.
• To decrease fill time - toggle between off and drain position, each toggle decreases by 30 seconds.
• Increments are 30 seconds (approx 3.5 gallons per toggle) with minimum fill time of 30 seconds and
maximum of 20 minutes.
• Reconnect power to pump and run pump in drain cycle until pump stops automatically. This must be
done to reset unit to zero after programming

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Great tip. I don't have ballast bags yet. But I had no idea that the stock 212x system was adjustable.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could also add my custom vent hi-level switches to make it turn off automatically when the bags are full. They work excellent and I am sure that they could be wired into the stock 212X system with some thought. Cam.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The "Camswitch". I designed these to use on all my bag vents. The switch is an aquarium float switch. When the bag fills and pushes water out the vent it triggers the switch which turns off the pumps. I also use a low level one which turns the pumps off when the bags are empty. Here is a pic. Cam.
high level sw_resize.JPG

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet engineering Cam!!!
Are your aquarium switches the same as HVAC float switches used on drain pans and air handlers?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Murf,
Not sure if they are the same but most likely are. These are cheap on ebay. As long as the float will fit inside a 1" PVC fitting. The full switches work perfect every time. Cam.

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great tip... Saved me some troubleshooting!

We're on the lake now and the pump wasn't working. This is the first time we used them, it's just me and our younger 2 today so we needed the extra weight. The dealer replaced the pump before we bought the boat, I guess they screwed up the programming.

Thanks for the post Derrick!

Time to go tear up some water! :devilhorns:

David