• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Party Float / Island Floats

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a suggestion for a sub $200 part island float? Looking to hold 4-6 adults and the accompanying beverages. I found this one online and has really good reviews on amazon...

Relaxation Station

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Costco used to sell the relaxation station. We love ours. It gets the job done at an affordable price.

Herman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same one and works great. Costco has a newer model out this year but not online, only in stores. If you can get it there, you have their great warranty if anything goes wrong.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The newer "gang planks" by Yamaha, Airhead, and WOW, are really a new take on the island type floats. You can walk on the gang plank without it flipping or sinking I am told. I got a yamaha in my boat deal at a great price, but they run in the $200+ range, the airhead too, but the Wow can be had cheaper than that and you might want to look at it. You can hook a number together if your so inclined and get the whole lake on your island!
http://www.amazon.com/WOW-Sports-12-2030-Walkway-10x6-Feet/dp/B007CISS2A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0223YCNX4T6C4C297ZD4
91L25lvgTqL._SL1500_.jpg 819S2UeHCUL._SL1500_.jpg

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We used the relaxation station on Shasta there were two small dogs and a ton of adults giving it a beating and it held up great. Strongly recommend.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the preferred method to blow one of these up while at the cove? I have a Coleman air pump that plugs into the 12v outlet, but I have concerns about the load.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get the pump that connects directly to the battery, they have a little higher output capacity.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have an Airhead gang plank, only $150 and it's big! Honestly, 6 adults would be stretching it, but it's good for lounging on. Adults can't walk on it like they show, but I can't walk on the Lilypad either. My kids love it too, they usually use it as a water wrestling pad!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the suggestions, my wife has determined she wants the Relaxation Station since it's round and everyone sits across from each other. I really like the Tropical Tahiti and I think the boys would love the gang plank. Mom usually wins though...

I did run across two more that I really thought were perfect, and much more my speed.

image.jpg
image.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something else to consider is how you're going to secure the relaxation station. I use an anchor on one end and then I run a line to shore on the other. We do leave it set up in a cove for three to four days at a time. Once I didn't have a line to shore and it blew away on us overnight. It must have drifted at least 1/2 mike across the lake. But we got it back the next morning.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well our cove has been wrecked for the last year since an 80 year-old earthen dam gave way. That's a whole other story, which I'm tracking on a public Facebook page. We will just inflate it when we find our cove of the day, and tie it up to the boat. Then deflate when we head back in. I would eventually like to tie it up to our dock, but we get a lot of people fishing around the docks, and I'm worried a knuckle head would put a hook into it.