• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post pictures of stuff found in your jets

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the end of Memorial Day weekend I found all of this

image.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last night this Lego forced me to pull out of the channel and use a clean out plug

image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
LOL...I discarded the evidence. No pics! And I am absolutely not admitting to sucking up my own cigar butt! :muted:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I did hear that a former forum member sucked up a condom! They don't process well through the pump! But you gotta give it to the guy!:winkingthumbsup"

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This little guy disabled my starboard motor the other day ... wedged itself on to one of the blades.

image.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No comment necessary. Cam.P12078956530818977m.jpg

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hate to admit it, but I find it humiliating when I have boating friends on board and I suck something up. Then I go to the clean out plug and after cursing and prying for 5 minutes I pull out a 2" twig. They look at me and are like, "that twig caused a problem?"

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hate to admit it, but I find it humiliating when I have boating friends on board and I suck something up. Then I go to the clean out plug and after cursing and prying for 5 minutes I pull out a 2" twig. They look at me and are like, "that twig caused a problem?"
Amen to that. I sucked up a water bottle cap at Rainbow Bridge (at LakePowell) right after I left the no wake zone and before I could get it dislodged from the impeller, a tour boat (Canyon Princess... it's like 25' tall, 70' long, 20+' beam, steel hull, diesel dual screw) come through and nearly put us into the wall. I felt stupid something that small could cause such a big problem.

Had I been monitoring channel 16 and 9 like I normally do I would have known the tour boat was coming and I would have kept her under low power on the "good engine" to keep us happily maneuverable, but when there's high runoff, I get so much stupid crap in the impeller it's no fun to go into any bays. 2" twigs aren't my usual though - most of what I picked up was "I had too much Mexican food, turd sized" twigs that are 4" or so and about 3/4" thick on my lake.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
You'd think a 6000+ rpm impeller would treat twigs like a ninja blender.
@Bruce Legos are stronger than steel.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This was my first...

And a week later, I had to travel 90 minutes on a holiday weekend in the main channel at the lake of the ozarks on one engine at 5 mph back to my dock. After putting her on the lift, I found absolutely nothing in either engine. I put her back in the water and she ran great.

Question: when your engine starts but does ZERO rpm...you have something stuck right?

I am not looking forward to my first rope. My buddy sucked up a corn cob.

Attachments

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When your engine starts and no rpm is what I would call, I thought it started. Has happen to me several times.. Cavitation is high Rpm's and go no where. Will get a high pitchy sound and maybe some vibration.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was my first...

And a week later, I had to travel 90 minutes on a holiday weekend in the main channel at the lake of the ozarks on one engine at 5 mph back to my dock. After putting her on the lift, I found absolutely nothing in either engine. I put her back in the water and she ran great.

Question: when your engine starts but does ZERO rpm...you have something stuck right?

I am not looking forward to my first rope. My buddy sucked up a corn cob.
Wow, being on LOTO with just idle speed would have me stressed, especially on a holiday weekend. Glad everything turned out ok.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I explain to my passengers that a jetboat is much like running two huge hoover vacuums across the lake. You are bound to suck up something. Cam.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's true a tiny twig can take the fun out of a day of boating. This, in my opinion, is the one thing about jet boats that a prop boat won't suffer from. Fortunately for Yamaha owners there are clean outs.

I wonder if Yamaha has the design locked down with patents which is keeping other boat manufacturers from including clean out ports? For my money there are some interesting boats coming onto the market from other companies but the lack of a clean out port would present a major hurdle in my decision to buy a non Yamaha boat.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I read some where that Yamaha has a patent on the clean outs until somewhere around 2021. I can not seem to locate that source at the moment.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While turning around to pick up skier I heard a ting....ting....ting noise. Impellars sharpened it like a pencil. Too long to pull through from the top. I had to push it out from the bottom and allow to float out from bottom of boat.

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

If your engine starts and continues running but the tachometer is showing 0 rpm then you have a bad tachometer or sensor. The impeller is directly driven from the engine so if the engine is running the impeller is turning.

Cavitation caused by something stuck in the impeller will cause vibration, noise and lack of thrust.

Why boat back to the dock instead of throwing anchor, shutting down the engines and cleaning out the debris?

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah, it was a challenge...
Why boat back to the dock instead of throwing anchor, shutting down the engines and cleaning out the debris?
I tried the backup thing a few times and that did not clear it. So I shut down the engine and proceeded one one engine at 5mph.

The loa is VERY, VERY busy on a holiday weekend. Anchoring in the main channel (if the 100 foot of line would have reached), may have snuck my boat. Very, very large boats frequent the main channel with reckless abandon in the main channel of the loa on a holiday weekend.

I was just shocked that it had relieved itself on the journey back.