• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ride plate mount Sport Jet 120

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi. I recently picked up a 1995 Regal Rush xp. I noticed that the port side ride plate mount is shorter than the starboard. Someone on another forum suggested that there may be a spacer that I'm missing, and it may come with a seal kit. Does that sound right? I just got the boat, and haven't gotten any manuals yet. Here's a pic. Thanks.

Attachments

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yah should be a bolt same as the other side and you can add washers to change angle of ride plate slightly. It made little to no change on mine.

There is a ride plate gasket that gets very worn and allows the pump to cavitate, easy thing to change and made a night and day difference in the get up and go on my boat.

Enjoy.

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yah should be a bolt same as the other side and you can add washers to change angle of ride plate slightly. It made little to no change on mine.

There is a ride plate gasket that gets very worn and allows the pump to cavitate, easy thing to change and made a night and day difference in the get up and go on my boat.

Enjoy.
Thanks for your help. Any pics of yours that I can reference? I don't mean to sound dense, but I'm still a little lost. Are you saying that I could add washers between the plate and the mount? My main reference point so far has been Roger Ski's videos on YouTube, on his boat the mounts look equal length. His is listed as a 1996 though, maybe the xr is different?

Also, is the ride plate gasket the seal that goes around the lip of the ride plate, or somewhere else.

Man, I really need to find a manual, lol.

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I found a pic of Roger's on here to compare. It looks like there are some differences between the two. His plate sticks out farther, maybe the bosses were different between the models...

Attachments

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The casting on your pump appears to be sheared off which is why you can't tell where to bolt it to, really weird

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't have my old jet boat close sorry. Do some googling I found a service manual online for that pump, don't look by the boat search by the engine

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boats.net search your engine serial and than starting trying to find the part used

Attachments

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Again, thanks for your help. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it yet. I might get lucky with drilling and tapping what's left, but I'm a little leery about drilling too far into the stator.

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
After a little digging, I found a used jet stator housing for $500. If I have to, at least there are a couple of options. In the meantime I cut down a piece of aluminum standoff that I had in my shop. I'm pretty sure I could cut in another 1/4", or so, of threads into the existing housing, and use the aluminum as a spacer. It's worth a shot at least. I still need to shave a little off the spacer.

Attachments

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
good luck! another thing to note the ride plate gasket is seen in your pic to the left, thats the original one I recommended replacing if you have cavitation. looks pretty worn in your pic, made a night and day difference for me.

Griff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you. You're right, it's pretty worn. I'll replace it when I drop the plate.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When you go to put the new ride gasket on the plate will barely fit in, use an automotive jack with a 2x4 width wise same size as plate and jacked the ride plate back into location, you will see what I mean when you get the new seal on - and you'll be very happy you replaced the old one lol. Don't use the ride plate bolts to try and pull in the ride plate you'll just rip the threads, use the jack method mentioned.

Let me know if I can help any more