• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea-dek install

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The theory of "southern boats are the worst to remove turf and install sea dek" are 150% correct!

But. It's done. 100% done. Thank. ****ing. God.

Will, you're a rockstar. My OCD at least 95% approves of your cuts, so consider that good. My OCD is crazy strong, definitely get this shit from Will @JetBoatPilot if you are looking into it.

As you can see, this stuff doesn't come off easy if you live down here...

fml1.jpg

Lucky for me, my wife kept working on it while I was at work today:

IMG_20150520_211537.jpeg

...and kept working,

IMG_20150520_211544.jpeg

Then I got home with MAN tools, and continued, until it looked like this:

IMG_20150520_211553.jpeg

(thanks to @jeremy0011 for the eraser wheel tip!!!) (it was a bit too late, you can see the one DEEP mark I made with a non-recommended tool that I quickly learned should NOT be used)

And then of course,

IMG_20150520_211557.jpeg

Contrary to photographic evidence, the entire boat is done. D. O. N. E. Done. I couldn't be happier about that. Wasn't the easiest thing we ever did, but holy shit is this stuff nice. I'll add more photos later, as we were running out of daylight. If you are OCD, you better have at LEAST one other person to help you install this. If not, lucky ****ing you!

Overall recommendation - 15,633,476 stars out of 10. I put hydroturf in my old seadoo, and Will's Seadek in this one. No comparison. Holy shit not even close. Get this stuff, you will not regret it. And have plenty of beer on hand. Overall install, we have about 12 hours in this. If you don't drink beer, change your tampon and try again.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great! Hope those IPA's went down smooth! You'll love the SeaDek out on the water, I went 10 years on the fiberglass floor before I upgraded.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been working on removing my old stuff off the swim deck for the last 3 days. Not going well to say the least (I have to figure out how to patch fiberglass now thanks to a scraper through the clean out hatch). what is the eraser wheel tip? I have got all of the glue off but it is still dirty and I can't get it clean.

I don't normally drink beer but had a few during this process.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf . IPA's and the Penguins and Yamaha jetboats. If I swung that way, I'd ask for your hand in marriage. (even though most of this install went with CBC - carolina brewing company - Barleywine style ale). I'm definitely an IPA kinda guy.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@thcole , assuming you have a drill, just go to any reputable auto store and ask for an eraser wheel. It's AMAZING what it does. Not hard to figure out once you see it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf . IPA's and the Penguins and Yamaha jetboats. If I swung that way, I'd ask for your hand in marriage. (even though most of this install went with CBC - carolina brewing company - Barleywine style ale). I'm definitely an IPA kinda guy.
Next time you are in the area we must meet up!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 10 year plan includes moving to FL. I WILL live there. Bugs and heat be damned! IDC!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That should work great, @Evil Sports . I didn't even use the arbor adapter, mounted my drill right to it. (I didn't have the adapter). FYI - slow speeds work much mo betta.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally an advantage to living in the north. Not to rub it in but the old material came off in less than an hour. I didn't use any chemicals, instead I used steam to remove any residual glue. On the down side the lake was 54 degrees yesterday. :(

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
and, your hockey teams suck. :p

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm with you there. The Leafs are terrible. I've been a Pens fan since I was a little kid. Of course back then the Penguins sucked but so did the Leafs!

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything I should wipe the floor down with before I install the seadek? How long do i have to let it sit before I can walk on it.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hah! I'm with ya. Although, it looks like you guys just signed Babcock. That's enough to make the leafs a serious competitor next year!

@thcole , I wiped the floor with acetone before installing (about 30 seconds before installing). Then kinda stomped on it a bit. It's sitting out there covered up now, and we'll be on it Saturday morning.

Should we be? I dunno, shoulda read the instructions I guess!

@JetBoatPilot , how long should this setup before we actually use it? :p

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The theory of "southern boats are the worst to remove turf and install sea dek" are 150% correct!

But. It's done. 100% done. Thank. ****ing. God.

Will, you're a rockstar. My OCD at least 95% approves of your cuts, so consider that good. My OCD is crazy strong, definitely get this shit from Will @JetBoatPilot if you are looking into it.

As you can see, this stuff doesn't come off easy if you live down here...

View attachment 22206

Lucky for me, my wife kept working on it while I was at work today:

View attachment 22207

...and kept working,

View attachment 22208

Then I got home with MAN tools, and continued, until it looked like this:

View attachment 22209

(thanks to @jeremy0011 for the eraser wheel tip!!!) (it was a bit too late, you can see the one DEEP mark I made with a non-recommended tool that I quickly learned should NOT be used)

And then of course,

View attachment 22210

Contrary to photographic evidence, the entire boat is done. D. O. N. E. Done. I couldn't be happier about that. Wasn't the easiest thing we ever did, but holy shit is this stuff nice. I'll add more photos later, as we were running out of daylight. If you are OCD, you better have at LEAST one other person to help you install this. If not, lucky ****ing you!

Overall recommendation - 15,633,476 stars out of 10. I put hydroturf in my old seadoo, and Will's Seadek in this one. No comparison. Holy shit not even close. Get this stuff, you will not regret it. And have plenty of beer on hand. Overall install, we have about 12 hours in this. If you don't drink beer, change your tampon and try again.

Looks great! Nice job.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wiped mine down with lots of acetone. Go heavy and use a cloth that doesn't leave lint.

You can walk on it immediately. In fact you need to press it down completely before you get it wet.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh, yeah. All stickers gone, @cozilla ! All 14? of them. Jesus **** was there alot of stickers! So much cleaner now.