• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installation Time Lapse Video

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my seadek installed today. Set up the GoPro to capture the moment. Video didn't turn out quite like I would have liked, but the seadek looks awesome, and feels really great underfoot. Video would have been a lot better if more overhead (drone maybe?) Also I had to swap out batteries & move camera before pulling off hydroturf on swim platform, but somehow missed turning camera back on. :facepalm: So totally muffed the time lapse of the swim platform install.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You make it look so easy! Looks great.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing beats a normal, run of the mill HD video camera. Easy to use, the stock battery last for many hours without charging (at least on my latest JVC model) and you don't have that distorted curved look these "go-pro" type cameras provides. Great video by the way - made what I am sure was a PITA look quite simple! Nice job.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looks awesome!

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the compliments. :happy: Install was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, even doing it by myself. I have read on here that several folks recommended 2 people for install but easily a 1 person job. And stock swim platform peeled off a little too easily for comfort. I could see though if you are OCD then this installation could make you crazy. Between trying to fill in holes perfectly, getting everything perfectly clean and getting mats perfect you could make yourself crazy. All but a few holes are covered by seadek so that's kind of a non issue. And as far as getting the mats perfect, lay it out so it looks symmetrical, trace the edge with a pencil, peel off a corner, line it up and stick. As long as the final result looks good to you no one else will know the difference. I can tell you mine aren't exactly perfect but I've done enough work to know that unless I point out my error, no one else will ever see it.

And now that I'm done I can finally get my boy scout merit badge for "Stickers" [flag]

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet! Those look great!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great video and excellent install. Nice work!