• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seattle/Tacoma area

spankybeanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So we might have to move to Seattle and I’m trying to get some info on the boating season, water temps and best places to go. We have been spoiled here in Va and I’m worried that it might not be worth keeping the boat in Seattle. Any info would be a huge help.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are amazing bodies of water to boat in. Especially if you are willing to tow it to central WA. Just be prepared to book your campsite 9 or 10 months in advance!

spankybeanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There are amazing bodies of water to boat in. Especially if you are willing to tow it to central WA. Just be prepared to book your campsite 9 or 10 months in advance!
That’s part of the problem…my wife’s not willing to camp. Just looking to also see how cold the waters are and the length of the season

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were in Wenatchee, the east side of the cascades. We typically boated from May - Oct. Those shoulder months the water was cold on the Columbia River and in Lake Chelan (actually everywhere). Banks lake and Lake Roosevelt are 2 of the nicest lakes to boat on and in the summer the water is amazing! Can't speak for any water on the west side of the cascades but there are a number of members on the forum from that side!

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you're a warm water person, good luck charlie. The water never really gets warm on the bigger lakes, but we swim them all the time. Lake Washington is a good sized lake and is swimmable from late june to sept. If you like saltwater, it's only for the brave to swim. I use to when I was younger but not anymore. Temps are in the 60s probably during the summer for salt water. Lots of lakes on the east side that are smaller and very usable from June through Sept. We have a house on Priest Lake in idaho that we use for our summer home. It's at 2500' elevation and is great for July and August which is prefect for my three kids who are all pre teens.

It just depends. I've swam VB in my younger days. You are just not going to find that out here on a lake you want to be one. General rule out there, the bigger the lake, the cleaner. Small warm lakes are typically gross IMO. Others may differ. A good sign is that the greater Seattle area has one of the highest boat per capita numbers in the country. That should tell you something. Welcome.