• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

wakemakers install

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I decided to install a twin pump Wakemakers system with three sky-high bags. I decided to go with the system that drains above the waterline so I know when the bags are full and empty. I placed two bags on either side of the engine and one in the sky locker. The two bags on either side of the engine are connected with shutoff switches so I can control how much water is in each side. Wakemakers had great shipping and parts arrived over night but I'm not to far away. The rear bags are 400 lbs each with a 750lbs bag in the center. Wakemakers has really good diagrams on their website.

You will need a 1 1/4 circular drill bit for the fittings and I chose to use 2in wholes inside the boat. Also the electrical supplies from wakemakers were cheap so I bought some nicer ones. You will also need a heat gun for stretching out the hose. Also I would order extra clamps. The set comes with more then enough hose in my opinion.

I opened up the rear hatch and began removing the exhaust and it would not come out of the opening so I bungie corded it out of the way (found the idea on another side as others have had the same problem). I started with installing the threw hull fittings and ran into my first problem. I drilled my hole too close to one of the exhaust exits because I did not realize how larger the shut off valves were. Made for some really hard and frustrating work. Off to home depot for some plumbing parts. Created some extensions and back in business. I used a file and vise clamps to hold the fitting on the outside for tightening. This is where you really have to have two or three people. I wanted things to dry and was pretty warn out by this point and called it a day.

Day two brought installing the pumps and drilling the holes from the engine compartment to the bags. The location of my PP made for a tight fit for pump locations. I put one inside the engine compartment and one next to the battery. IMG_0465.jpgIMG_0474.jpg

I wanted to drill as few holes as possible so I used ones that were already there. There is a good sized access from the engine bay into the fuel tank and from the fuel tank towards the helm and into the center locker. I ran the forward vent throw the storage compartment which also has an access path already in place. IMG_0475.jpg

On the third day I finished with the electrical and installed the switches. IMG_0478.jpg

On wet testing a had a few connections that had to be tightened but everything came together great. Probably have 15 hours into the install. But the easy of filling and emptying is worth it. IMG_0532.jpg

Attachments

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet !!! It is bad ass having a ballast set up !!!!!

jasoraso

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your write up! I may need to do this mod soon ....

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian can you add this to the members tips / faq under adding ballast, thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jetboat623
where do your vents exit the boat? how do you know when your bags are full, do you have a timer on the pumps, visual or wait until water comes out the vents?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most guys wait until water comes out the vents for fill and then drain through the bilge pump fitting or a dedicated fitting above water line. Mine drains through the intake. Cam.