• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 M.F.I. Trailer - replacement bulb capsule #?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was notified via text from a friend's wife who was following me, too closely I might add, from the marina to the hotel. My trailer light is out.

My rear left brake light bulb to be specific, the running light works.

Isn't technology great?

So I proceeded to remove the lens and found a sonically sealed capsule where I thought I'd find old school bulbs. Nope.

Does anyone know the manufacturer? Are they Wesbar? If so, does anyone know the model.

I can purchase a replacement capsule, I just need to know the model #.

OR, I could upgrade to LED - but this is the first bulb to blow on me after all this time, why pay all that $$ when I only need a bulb?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I knew this would happen! I just replaced all my trailer lights with LED and I had that original module you of which you speak. I thought about holding on to it for a while ... "just in case" ... but then decided I had all LED's now and no need to keep an Edison spare around. So I tossed them in the trash Saturday. I would've just sent it to ya!

As @SuperJetDan says, I've seen those modules in boat/marine stores. Here' a link to the part on Amazon, but you can probably get it quicker locally.

Last edited:

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same thing happen a while back. The part above is correct, but didn;t last too long. I have since switched over to LED for the tail lights... sooooo much better.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, so now that I'm shopping for L.E.D. replacements....

what did you guys go with?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, since this was the first trip in a long while, I have a whole laundry list of stuff I need to fix or replace.

And a tip o' the hat to all y'all for posting up things as you find them go wrong - prime example is the scupper. Mine is bad.

Never would have looked at that based on the extremely small amount of water I rarely see in the bilge.

Had a crack. I wiped some something on it to get me through and I'll order a stainless replacement.:cool:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same problem @Glassman several years ago and went through several light bulbs. I finally got fed up with it and replaced the taillights with LEDs from Harbor Freight. They've worked fine ever since and they are also much brighter too. It's well worth the small investment and time to install.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put grote LED on my trailer. They are generic boat trailer ones but fit great. Cam.