• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR 192 Jet turbocharged

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Having issues starting out bogging down a little bit but after it’s warm up seems to run ok… water possible in gas?… had oil changed recently no plugs in 3 years… also what type of gas needed I heard only 87 or 89 would do… is there a gas additive for Yamaha engine I can use? Thx

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Change those plugs for sure, make sure air cleaner is not oil soaked, i would not run 87 in a supercharged engine, i know in the svho engines you must run 91 or higher octane.
How old is the gas?

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It’s pretty new but it’s like 87 octane from the gas station… can I use a fuel additive possibly? I may go to gas dock I think it has 91 octane… I use purple power for my Toyota 2019 Tacoma seems to help out…

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use " Boostane" plus 93 ethanol free in my SVHO Yami. Boostane is expensive but boat runs like a top......

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
192 is pre-svho, it is supercharged but not intercooled. It is rated by Yamaha for 87 octane. The only benefit to going higher octane would be to avoid ethenol, but your engine does not gain performance from higher octane or lose anything from using what it is rated for.

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes I’m thinking the hesitation or bogging down is from the plugs which I’m gonna replace soon… it calls for NGK or 41-LFR6A… will let everyone know on outcome…