• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR190

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am totally new to jet boats or just boating in general so im really happy that i came across this forum. I have a family of 4 (Wife and 2 little kids under age 5). I am looking for a boat i can take up and down the Delaware River and I will also on occasion row the boat to Barnegat Bay Is this boat big enough? Or will i be slapped around in the bay and in the Delaware?

There is also a 2007 SX230 for sale around the corner from me for $19k with no hour meter but looks very clean. I was told it has around 300 hours on the motors. They seem to be non high output MR1's. Which would be the better buy?

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It’s unclear to me where you plan on boating?

Delaware River or the Delaware coast?

Where is the New Jersey bay? Is this the Delaware Bay or one of the coastal NJ bays?

Jim

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry! I will be boating primarily in the Delaware River and will tow the boat down to the Jersey shore in the weekends in the Barnegaet Bay Area or around Tices Shoal

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!!!!

A 07 SX230 does not have hour meters It will have to be hooked up to a computer with YDS to read the hours. It should have the HO engines in it and is plenty capable in any waters. There is tons of info here on the 230 series boats.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always nice to have two engines in case you suck something up and are miles away from shore in a bay or any area. At least you can move toward shore with your family on one engine and clamp the hose line on the one that sucked something up.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always nice to have two engines in case you suck something up and are miles away from shore in a bay or any area. At least you can move toward shore with your family on one engine and clamp the hose line on the one that sucked something up.
How can I go about buying this boat without an engine hour meter? Get it surveyed with a sea trial? This will be my first boat

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How can I go about buying this boat without an engine hour meter? Get it surveyed with a sea trial? This will be my first boat
These boats (230 series) don’t have hour meters. You will have to either find someone with Yamaha diagnostics to hook their computer to it or take it to a dealer to know how many hours are on it. It’s stored in the ECM.
A sea trial is a test drive on the water to make sure everything works as it should.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These boats (230 series) don’t have hour meters. You will have to either find someone with Yamaha diagnostics to hook their computer to it or take it to a dealer to know how many hours are on it. It’s stored in the ECM.
A sea trial is a test drive on the water to make sure everything works as it should.
@Babin Farms is spot on as usual. There are people or shops that will do this for you for a nominal fee as well as check out the boat. I would start checking out possibly Yamaha shops as well as maybe someone here on the forums is in your area or where the boat is. I have done many inspections for people here locally both at the dealership on new boats as well as used boats they were buying. I never have done one on anything later than a 2017 as of yet though.