• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH 210 200 hour service

O2Raulerson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat just hit over 200 hours. I read where I need to get the oil changed every 100 hours. Is there any other services needed to be done? I am located in Jacksonville, Florida & RideNow is quoting $1,008.24 for a service.

Service includes inspection.
Oil & oil filter
Valve clearance
lubing of control cables
Bilge strainer cleaned out

Seems a little high. Thoughts?

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In comparison, SWFL dealer, my 100 hr was $700 didn’t include cable lube, valve adjustment or bilge strainer. Consider buying service manual and DIY.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
that seems insane. mechanically these boats are crazy low maintenance. I'd go with @Ericd advice and DIY for sure.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat just hit over 200 hours. I read where I need to get the oil changed every 100 hours. Is there any other services needed to be done? I am located in Jacksonville, Florida & RideNow is quoting $1,008.24 for a service.

Service includes inspection.
Oil & oil filter
Valve clearance
lubing of control cables
Bilge strainer cleaned out

Seems a little high. Thoughts?
They should also be pulling the engine mounted anodes as well. Seems to me that in the service manual there a lot more checks they should be doing.

I recently took my boat in for the valve clearance check, I think it was $375. The dealer said I could check the valves myself and it wouldn’t void my 5 year extended warranty. I opted for having the dealer check them just in the off chance something were to go wrong with the engine in that area, Yamaha can’t throw it back at me that I did the work myself.

Here’s the way I look at it, the dealer has the specialized tools to do the work and the training to do the job. If anything goes wrong they own it. If any problems come up in the future they own it.

Yeah seems a little high but you could do the oil change and bilge strainer yourself,

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not exactly a true statement for us saltwater guys. You lake goers have it easy🤬
Yeah I believe that. These things are fantastic fresh water boats. I have no salt experience though!