• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR250 - amp installation

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,
I’m replacing the speakers in my 2022 AR250 with JL audio M6 speakers this week. Amp is the next step, but I’m confused when I look at the equipment under the helm. Does anyone know what this thing is? Is it an amp or other type of controller. Those appear to be the speaker wires, but there is no labeling on that thing. Do I replace it, or use it with a new amp? Any help or insight would be appreciated.IMG_7532.jpeg

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hi all,
I’m replacing the speakers in my 2022 AR250 with JL audio M6 speakers this week. Amp is the next step, but I’m confused when I look at the equipment under the helm. Does anyone know what this thing is? Is it an amp or other type of controller. Those appear to be the speaker wires, but there is no labeling on that thing. Do I replace it, or use it with a new amp? Any help or insight would be appreciated.View attachment 201432
In 2022 they changed the amps from wet sounds to these. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about these and I had a shop install my new amp and subs. The existing amp was de-tuned so most people pull them.

n0mad17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever figure this out?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Im literally in the same predicament

NJboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also wondering if you figured this out. If you did, please add some photos of your install and any tips/tricks you learned for running cables and setting up!

I am planning a similar set up:
(6) JL 6.5" M6's to replace the factory speakers
(1) JL M6 10" subwoofer...will see how it sounds and decide if I need another
(1) JL MV800/8i amplifier
(1) Fusion RA770 stereo + ERX400 remote control