• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Yamaha 222 FSH Sport E

@JJF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the site, wondering if anyone has purchased a new Yamaha 222 FSH Sport and had any gel coating issues on the bottom of the hull? I just purchased a new 222 FSH and first weekend on the water everything went pretty smoothly until I got a home and started to wash the boat down. I noticed the on one of the chines there was a hole. Looks like the gel coating has a air void between it and the fiberglass. Curious to know if anyone has seen this before on their new boat and how easy was the yamaha warranty to work with?

Attachments

cgaechief

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the site, wondering if anyone has purchased a new Yamaha 222 FSH Sport and had any gel coating issues on the bottom of the hull? I just purchased a new 222 FSH and first weekend on the water everything went pretty smoothly until I got a home and started to wash the boat down. I noticed the on one of the chines there was a hole. Looks like the gel coating has a air void between it and the fiberglass. Curious to know if anyone has seen this before on their new boat and how easy was the yamaha warranty to work with?
What happened with the warranty repair?

@JJF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What happened with the warranty repair?
Repair got completed mid September. But due to more warranty work needing to be done I have to take it back when they have time. The hole on the chine looks good. Yamaha did take a couple of weeks to approve.

@JJF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
just curious, want additional work needs to be addressed?
Most of my door hinges have the bolt holes too big so they are loose and don’t shut right now. Was told they need to fill the holes and re drill them to re install all the hinges. Kinda disappointing that a new boat would do this so fast. But good thing is I can still use it till my new appointment hopefully sometime soon.