• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@SuperJetDan , I didn't know enough about it to really be helpful Dan, but I do remember reading a number of posts over the years about the relay being the issue on starters. I don't think I remember a single post claiming a bad starter.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know if it turned out to be the starter, you will post it up so we know! Can you post pics of the process and description? You never know when your going to have to do this! And I am more of a parts replacer than a mechanic, so I need all the help I can get!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dan, try taking the relay out and banging it on a hard surface. Give it a good whack, put it back in and try it.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will try that, but already ordered a new one. I decided to sell the boat and was meeting a serious buyer at the lake at Noon today to lake test for him, and then we have a wedding to attend in Phoenix this evening, so we are saying screw it for the day and taking the Corvette to the wedding, and will re-schedule for next weekend with the buyer.
Gotcha, good luck with the sale. That's a trick out of my redneck repair manual. Has worked well for me in the past.

Give the bride a big sloppy kiss for me! :cool:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh no, you just got the boat and you were a big help to us LS owners. I am sure it is hard to overlook the profit you must be able to make on this but didn't you want to have some fun with the boat.

Bad news and I hope you change your mind.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure how hard it is to get to the relay. But you could try swapping it out with the relay on the working engine just to verify.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is why I don't want you to sell the LS. What about I buy it from you but you keep it and maintain it?

Did you have to move the engine to replace the starter relay or is it easy to access? Is it below the engine like the starter? Thanks for taking the time to follow up with the solution. I will clean all ground and main wires yearly

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan glad you got it running. That's a bummer about it not being the relay. I'm sure you'll be able to help someone else in the future with the same issues. Good luck with the sale.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan, glad you got it going and the problem was not major. It bums me out that you are selling, but someone is going to get a great boat, after you went through it, it is in tip top shape!!!! Make sure to invite the buyer to join us on here. I look forward to still having you on here and hearing your input and ideas...