• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X Canopy Replacement

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, I effed up and tore a spot in my canopy in my 2017 Yamaha 242X E-Series. Don't want to patch it. Has anyone else replaced theirs? If so, where did you order it from? I'm having a heck of a time finding the correct one. Yamaha Sports Plaza, and the others like it, have two for my boat. Each has a different number. I have no clue which one I need. Anyone have an idea? Thank you

Canopy.jpg

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I replaced mine through sports plaza. The different numbers are color codes. Probably grey and black.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@h2oskierfl95 Okay yeah, that makes sense. Any idea which one is black? If not I'll just call them. Thanks.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You da man @Julian thank you. And here is the strange thing. I literally just hung up with Yamaha Sports Plaza and she told me the black cover is the one you are showing as gray. Same number. Now I'm confused, but they don't have any and don't show any available to order. So I might be out of luck for a bit.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most things for these boats have been on backorder for over a year. Good luck