• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Absolute Lowest Price for 2005 SR230

Absolute Lowest Price for 2005 SR230

• $20000

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • $19500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $19000

• $18000

• $17000

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sadly, it’s worth less than $17000

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

RDUB58

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I’m looking to sell my 2005 Yamaha SR230. An interested party asked what my absolute lowest I would go was. I want to be fair to both of us, hence this poll. Wondering what you think the lowest reasonable price for this boat should be. Thank you!

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On a boat this old, it's about condition. Anywhere from 13k to 25k+ might be fair depending on condition.

How worn does it feel?

RDUB58

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
On a boat this old, it's about condition. Anywhere from 13k to 25k+ might be fair depending on condition.

How worn does it feel?
To me it seems very clean for the age. Very little cosmetic issues. Engine is virtually spotless. Was my only gauge when buying because I didn’t know the hours.
Thanks!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look for comps, but also if you are not in a hurry no need to take Burton dollar for it. The right buyer will come. I would suggest, figure good price for it in the spring, then discount any costs you might have between now and then.(insurance, storage?)

No need to hurry these things unless you have some pressure that makes you act. Time is on your favor.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you cannot find any comps I recommend that you look up the boat’s nada value, which in the case of yamaha jet boats includes the price of the trailer, and base your price on the nada value, at least initially before adjusting it for wear/tear and upgrades/modifications. Unless you live where you can boat all year, you are more likely to sell at a higher price at the start of the boating season and a lower price, if any offers at all, at the end end of the boating season. Ultimately only you can “accurately/correctly” answer the question you posed. Good luck.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see a lot of added stuff and little extras on a pretty clean boat. I don't see any reason that it can't sell for at least 18 if it has good compression and all that. If it had like a million hours or something, that could change it.

The real question is what you want to get out of it. I don't think that in the current market 20k is an insane price. What did you list it at? Did they offer a price or just ask for bottom dollar? Guessing this was on Facebook marketplace? Tbh it sounds like a tire kicker more than anything.