• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding bov to 2018ar195

yam18ar195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, I'm new to this site, and finally got myself a Yamaha jet boat. I managed to find a 2018 ar195 with 16 hours on it, this week was the first time it's seen water in 2 years and runs amazing. However I plan on doing a lot of pulling with it. My first order of business is going to be adding a bov to help save the life of the clutches. Any suggestions on which one to get and do I really need to change out the intake?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
theskis do vary their throttle more abruptly and more often...boats don't do that as much so I would say there is no need.

yam18ar195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the response, do u recommend any certain type of blow off valve kit?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I pull a double tube with me SX195 all the time. With your boat only having 16hrs on it, I would say leave it be until you notice there is an issue or you feel it needs addition support. IMO, if it had a bunch of hours might be worth the upgrade but I would say keep it stock for now. No reason to modify for no reason unless you feel it’s needed.