• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any DFW suggestion for boat interior??

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So let me say that I'm not meticulous and anal when it comes to the exterior of the boat, nor am I a complete horrible boat owner. I meticulous on the mechanical end though. The boat is stored outside and always covered, but the boat is on it's 7th season..hard to believe, and while the interior could make it another year I have some funds to invest in getting it redone. Probably should have thought about it before now.

Any suggestions for shops in the DFW area? How much would getting all vinyl redone from stem to stern? I'm thinking $2K...

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will be about $3k. We are getting our AR230 done, too. These are the people we are using. They have a location near us and one in Lewisville. I listed all the people we called on in that thread. There is one that would be super close to you (Browns Boat Repair)...but we didn't go with them cause 1) they are far from us and 2) their schedule was already filling up. Anyhow, there were a couple that had super high quotes, but most came in the $3k range.

You might also want to check out this thread. JetBoatPilot is working a vinyl replacement kit that might be of interest to you.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be about $3k. We are getting our AR230 done, too. These are the people we are using. They have a location near us and one in Lewisville. I listed all the people we called on in that thread. There is one that would be super close to you (Browns Boat Repair)...but we didn't go with them cause 1) they are far from us and 2) their schedule was already filling up. Anyhow, there were a couple that had super high quotes, but most came in the $3k range.

You might also want to check out this thread. JetBoatPilot is working a vinyl replacement kit that might be of interest to you.
Thanks a bunch...I guess I could have searched. I think I have defective material as I've seen some that look great, even stored outside, and mine has disintegrated. Like I said, I could get by one more year but it bugs me. Mesquite is close to us and I'm not sure when and where we will go this year since the lake levels are so low. Having hit a stump a few years ago and brushed a couple last year, I'm pretty gun shy on Hubbard now.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks a bunch...I guess I could have searched. I think I have defective material as I've seen some that look great, even stored outside, and mine has disintegrated. Like I said, I could get by one more year but it bugs me. Mesquite is close to us and I'm not sure when and where we will go this year since the lake levels are so low. Having hit a stump a few years ago and brushed a couple last year, I'm pretty gun shy on Hubbard now.
No problem. I guess it's a small world...you live in the same area as us (DFW) and have the same boat just a few years newer than us. :) Anyhow, if you want to get it all replaced for boat season this year, you need to get it the process started. Everywhere I called said they were starting to get busy since summer is just around the corner.

We usually boat at Grapevine Lake. It's small, but close and has a nice beach area (when the lake is high enough). We'll have to try to hook up this summer.

Also, we are planning a gathering at Broken Bow, OK this summer.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem. I guess it's a small world...you live in the same area as us (DFW) and have the same boat just a few years newer than us. :) Anyhow, if you want to get it all replaced for boat season this year, you need to get it the process started. Everywhere I called said they were starting to get busy since summer is just around the corner.

We usually boat at Grapevine Lake. It's small, but close and has a nice beach area (when the lake is high enough). We'll have to try to hook up this summer.

Also, we are planning a gathering at Broken Bow, OK this summer.
We were talking about Broken Bow the other day....I would be embarrassed for my boat to be seen at this point :)

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, get your interior done then come on out to Broken Bow....it's not until the end of July so you have time.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got a buddy in Nevada, TX that does good work, he has done the interiors in all of our club dune buggies. Top notch work, I know he does boat stuff as well, he's currently fixing my mooring cover that the idiot in the next stall ruined when he backed his fifth wheel into my boat.

Yoboy - http://www.yoboyinc.com/

Cory

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a buddy in Nevada, TX that does good work, he has done the interiors in all of our club dune buggies. Top notch work, I know he does boat stuff as well, he's currently fixing my mooring cover that the idiot in the next stall ruined when he backed his fifth wheel into my boat.

Yoboy - http://www.yoboyinc.com/

Cory
Thanks Cory. I'm less than 30 min from Nevada.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Many of the area dealers use Dallas Canvas. He just did my new cover. I believe they do interior vinyl as well. He turned around my cover in 3 days.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip! Just send them a message to get quote for a boat cover!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I paid around $1200. But I bought the top of the line fabric which I believe is 9.5 oz. material and comes with a 10 year warranty. He has 3 basic fabrics to choose from. I think they are 3.5 oz. and a 7 oz. and then the 9.5 oz. As an example I believe the stock Yamaha covers are 3 or 4 oz. fabrics and designed for about a 3-5 year lifespan. They said the 10 year fabric will go about 5 years past the warranty from his expereience.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow... Was it Sunbrella? That's about the only thing I could imagine that would cost that much.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes Sunbrella