• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any step by step “How to winterize Scarab jet boat”

Do you use antifreeze or not

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take to dealer and let them deal with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
It’s that time of year where I struggle with going to the dealer or saving some money and do it myself. Does anyone have any vids on how to do this step by step? Antifreeze or not is another debate I’ve been reading.
Any help be great fellas

Cheers

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Guess nobody likes to dabble in this topic. Lol

nolessthen8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
It’s that time of year where I struggle with going to the dealer or saving some money and do it myself. Does anyone have any vids on how to do this step by step? Antifreeze or not is another debate I’ve been reading.
Any help be great fellas

Cheers
What I've read and heard from my dealer is that the exhaust is self draining and should not require any antifreeze pumped into it. Most dealers do that as a precaution. The engines are not fogged because blocks and cylinder heads are aluminum.

kcumjc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I'm over in Cleveland, Ohio and store my boat outside under a pole barn, but the outsides are open.

My winterization process is quite simple. Inspection, then I run a gallon of the pink antifreeze through each engine's exhaust (2 gallons in total). When I blow out the exhausts there is quite a bit of water that comes out, before the pink comes out. I have the wife give a few shots of throttle while I'm pouring through the flush ports. It's very simple and quite easy with a second person. I will also test the green anti-freeze and make sure it is still good.

Besides cleaning it up, that's all I do. In the spring, I'll run it to op temp, then change the oil & filter. Then, I'll clean and reoil the air filters. Easy peasy on these scarabs.