• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR230 Impeller Pitch and also WTB

Xsannz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive been lurking a while while i rebuild a 07 AR230 HO that had been dry docked for 2 years.

she is young with only 200 hours on the engines, but been weathered, so im dealing with older salt corrosion on the bits that go in the water, and salt air corrosion.

The cleanout plug housing have severe pitting that i am slowly filling and sanding back then i will epoxy coat them.

but ive been hunting Impellers, and i have read just about every thread here an the "OTHER" forum and nobody has posted the following, its take me weeks to pull this information together.

The Port (Left) one is 6P6-R1321-00-00 prop marked 6P600 and has a pitch of 16/22
The Starboard (Right) one is 6P6-R1321-10-00 prop marked 6P610 and has a pitch of 11/19

now at present 00-00 n port is not available anywhere that i can find.

if anybody has a stock set of impellers in the garage they want to sell me i would be much obliged as finding some of these parts Down under is a bit hard

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are talking about the inside of the cleanout plug housing where the cleanout plug actually inserts and locks down, You can use a cylinder hone. I'm not sure epoxying would be a good idea as the tolerances are pretty tight for the cleanout plug to lock down and still be able to be removed.

Xsannz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are talking about the inside of the cleanout plug housing where the cleanout plug actually inserts and locks down, You can use a cylinder hone. I'm not sure epoxying would be a good idea as the tolerances are pretty tight for the cleanout plug to lock down and still be able to be removed.
The corrosion and pitting were so bad inside the tubes, having been left in for 8 years in salt environment by previous owner not removing them that in aaround the rubber gasket flange of the plug in some spots had almost eaten through the housing, I have mixed up metal marine epoxy and used it like bondo to restore these back up to the surface metal. Level and then rehone it by sanding and then honing.

I then have been using a freshly Rebuilt plug although the locking mechanism is rather Ben and buggered to check dimensional tolerances.

Honestly a few thousandths of epoxy paint won't hurt these given how much material had had to be built back up and sanded.

Remember these housing are aluminium and even lightly sanding them you will remove material.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you need replacement tubes I have 2 from a 2008 Yamaha SX230 HO. Probably the same part number if you look up the part on partzilla. I'm in Houston, TX and will ship them to the lower 48 only. I will also make a video of them so I can see the condition. PM me if you want to look into it. Rob

Xsannz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you need replacement tubes I have 2 from a 2008 Yamaha SX230 HO. Probably the same part number if you look up the part on partzilla. I'm in Houston, TX and will ship them to the lower 48 only. I will also make a video of them so I can see the condition. PM me if you want to look into it. Rob
Thanks is that the rubber tubes or the actual metal. Housings.

Either would be good, metal Housings would be amazing, although I imagine it's going to involve a bit of glass work to fit them and remove the old ones.

I have removed the STBD side ride plate at the moment and I found a spare on ebay that I'm getting shipped my port one is OK by STBD had started corroding around the anode and between the hull and itself.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I have is the actual rubber boots that go vertically out of the jet pump that you shove the plug down into. I do have the prop shafts and everything rearward on one side up to the velocity nozzle and the other side all the way through the steering nozzle I believe. Basically, whatever you need, take a look on partzilla and send me a screenshot of the part that you need and I can tell you if I have it or not. Some of my very rear most components of my jet pumps were destroyed like the reverse buckets and one of the steering nozzles as well as the cables. I didn't even realize that the left side and right side propellers were different part numbers until I read a Post today discussing that. But I do have both left and right side props in great condition. Anything that you need, I can take a video of and upload it to my YouTube channel and send you the link so you can basically see it in person to evaluate for the physical condition instead of just a few grainy photos. Just let me know. If you prefer to just text Instead of using this messaging format you can text me at 832-534-3563. If you text, just remind me that this is from the jet boat forum and what parts you're looking for and I'll remember you because I'm not actively selling much of this parted out 2008 SX230 just yet. If I see somebody looking for something I usually offer it so I can get rid of the bulkier things out of these boxes though.
Rob

Xsannz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I have is the actual rubber boots that go vertically out of the jet pump that you shove the plug down into. I do have the prop shafts and everything rearward on one side up to the velocity nozzle and the other side all the way through the steering nozzle I believe. Basically, whatever you need, take a look on partzilla and send me a screenshot of the part that you need and I can tell you if I have it or not. Some of my very rear most components of my jet pumps were destroyed like the reverse buckets and one of the steering nozzles as well as the cables. I didn't even realize that the left side and right side propellers were different part numbers until I read a Post today discussing that. But I do have both left and right side props in great condition. Anything that you need, I can take a video of and upload it to my YouTube channel and send you the link so you can basically see it in person to evaluate for the physical condition instead of just a few grainy photos. Just let me know. If you prefer to just text Instead of using this messaging format you can text me at 832-534-3563. If you text, just remind me that this is from the jet boat forum and what parts you're looking for and I'll remember you because I'm not actively selling much of this parted out 2008 SX230 just yet. If I see somebody looking for something I usually offer it so I can get rid of the bulkier things out of these boxes though.
Rob
Amazing. Mate your probably going to be my saving Grace.

I'm at work at the moment (time zone differences) but ill compile a list of everything i need and we can work from there. Ill update the thread or if you prefer can fire it to you in a PM

Xsannz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Impeller (Stb) 6P6-R1321-00-00 (this is the really hard one to find)
impeller (Prt) 6P6-R1321-10-00 ( this one can be found and is still in production)
but i would happily buy both of yours.

my shafts are actually in good shape, and i just redid the intermediate bearing housings as part of my teardown and rebuild starting.

My transom plates are ok, but not great, if i find(or you have both i would buy those)
1711327972376.png

Plate Transom - 6b5-g5831-00-85 part number (one for each side same part number 1)

i have just replaced the starboard intake duct, the port one is ok bit paint work, but it you have that i would buy it part number F1C-U72B6-41-00 part 34
1711328419926.png
i do have to replace the port side reverse cable but those i can find new locally or ebay pretty readily.

and i would gladly buy part F2A-U7626-01-00 being the two hoses that the cleanout plugs go into from above. (part 57)
1711328380727.png

and if you have it both intake grates, one has been cracked and corroding and the other has corroded away one of the bars, i suspect the dry slip was subject to occasional high wave activity and it would lap the bottom of the boat where the previous owner had it.

1711328558398.png
F1C-U72B7-50-00 and F1C-U72B7-40-00 but if not i am pretty sure partzilla still has these.

and here is a picture of the old girl the day she arrived to me you can see she needs some love.
20240220_140440.jpg

I probably need to start a rebuild thread somewhere, i have the trailer pulled apart right now its one of the original Shorelandr trailers, and god knows how the previous owners did it and had it on the road here but it is nowhere near legal requirements where i live

i am having to remove the override system and add brakes to both axles and add either electric or electric over hydraulic brakes to comply with state laws for over 2t trailers here.

given that they are USA spec axles and Hubs, the so far most cost effective route is for me to add electric drum brakes and not the hydraulic ones,.

given that she will mostly do fresh water from now on in for the cost of having to possibly replace the electric trailer drums every 2 seasons i could still replace them 4 times over before i got near the cost of just the electric over Hydraulic pump unit itself.

Last edited:

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good. Yeah let's take it over to a PM so that it doesn't keep refreshing at the top of the posts to annoy anyone else.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The corrosion and pitting were so bad inside the tubes, having been left in for 8 years in salt environment by previous owner not removing them that in aaround the rubber gasket flange of the plug in some spots had almost eaten through the housing, I have mixed up metal marine epoxy and used it like bondo to restore these back up to the surface metal. Level and then rehone it by sanding and then honing.

I then have been using a freshly Rebuilt plug although the locking mechanism is rather Ben and buggered to check dimensional tolerances.

Honestly a few thousandths of epoxy paint won't hurt these given how much material had had to be built back up and sanded.

Remember these housing are aluminium and even lightly sanding them you will remove material.
If you can build up and then sand down that would seem to work. It's amazing how little build up or swelling of the plugs will freeze them in place.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Xsannz has a BUNCH of parts from me being shipped out from Houston to Australia including the 2 rubber boots 😀