• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast for 242 limited S

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My kids just finished wakeboard camp last week. They are crazy for the sport (I love it too). Does anyone have a good ballast system for this boat? I would like it to be hidden with easy access for filling and draining.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have no suggestions for you, as I am not familiar. However, I am familiar with that JetBoaters.net members have a discount at WakeMakers.com for ballasts. Just in case you didn't know...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
look in the member tips, some members have installed their ballast with plumbing while others just use a pump over the side to manually fill,

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you looking for permanantly installed/plumbed system, or something more manual?

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Permanently installed would be nice but I am flexible. I am assuming it would have to take up the center ski locker? Right now it is filled with two tubes and floats. Looks like the tubes are going into retirement.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 I only have a nice setup because you guys recommended a nice setup! :).

400# under each aft storage compartment and then 800# in the locker. All permanently installed with removable bags. The removable bags are a great thing to have, just FYI! I have two water pumps, 1 for both aft compartments and another for the ski locker. Each has their own switch. Then on my aft compartments, there is a high fly valve to toggle between port, startboard, or both. For surfing, we use that valve. For wakeboarding... it depends on the load. Sometimes if the boat is loaded up with people (if I have more than 5 people+1boarder) then I don't fill the aft compartments - only the ski locker. Just the ski locker raises the wake by about 5-6" (it seems).

If I have someone who wants to try and show off (no professional boarders have ever boarded behind my boat though - so I really don't have much to compare against), then I fill all ballast and then I have 3-4 people sit in the bow (~400# worth of weight). That generates a great wake

This is with the ski locker filled, only:
View media item 956