• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blowers on 252SD

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Two days ago my wife noticed hot air blowing out of the vent near the rear seat on the starboard side I never noticed it, so I went and checked. Yes, when the blower is on there is air coming out of the vent on the starboard side. I went and checked the vent on the port side and noticed no air flow. I opened the engine compartment and checked the BLOWER. There is one blower venting out to the starboard side. On the Port side there is black flexible tubing going to the port vent near the rear seat, but there is no blower connected. It is just a flexible tubing doing absolutely nothing. Is this another screw up or am I missing something?
Thank you in advance.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The port side is the inlet for fresh air to replace the air sucked out by the blower on the starboard side.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thank you very much for the fast response. That is a big relief.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you very much for the fast response. That is a big relief.
A few years ago my wife was sitting on the swim deck and asked me to turn off the heater, now if people are cold after getting out of the water we tell them to sit on the blower side of the swim deck for a few minutes to warm up.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That's great, lmao