• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Buckle mod

HoosierDaddyAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sharing my boat buckle mod on a 2017 AR190 in case it helps anyone out in the future. I didn’t want to bend or drill a hole in my trailer. I used some angle iron leftover from the garage door opener install to install the boat buckles in some existing holes in the trailer. The results turned out great. Check out the photos and let me know what your thoughts are on this mod.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is that metal made of of?

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been pondering these little beauties ever since I saw them but hesitant due to the salt. I know they have the stainless units but still holding back till I see some of them in use out here.

The install looks great. Well Done!

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been pondering these little beauties ever since I saw them but hesitant due to the salt. I know they have the stainless units but still holding back till I see some of them in use out here.

The install looks great. Well Done!
Ours have been in salt water since 2017. They get rinsed with salt away like everything else on the trailer and will probably need replacement this season. Worth the convenience in my opinion.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rinse w/saltaway, and CRC-656 after that. It's made for that. I use it in a spray bottle, buy it by a gallon. Sixth season on mine, zero rust.

Last edited: