• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

California Emissions

DosChorros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought a 2017 AR240 in Arizona and brought it back home to Texas. Almost immediately I had a check engine light. Had it scanned and imagine that, it’s an O2 sensor since I have California emissions. Has anyone reversed/removed the California emissions or been able to take it out of play?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your boat has catalytic converters because Arizona adopted CAlifornia’s emissions standards than I don’t think you can simply remove components to Adress the warnings. You probably have to replace the ECUs to stop the warnings.

DosChorros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My main problem is my dealership here has no clue about this particular set up apparently. I guess I’ll be doing some you tube searching and find the parts.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it would be very expensive. You would have to change the ECU’s to non cat ones. I have a 4 star boat too. I haven’t had any problems. The only thing I’ve read is the O2 sensor I think number two. Something to do with water getting on them. I have over 300 hrs with no issue yet. I would just replace the sensor. I think there’s a couple videos on it.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My main problem is my dealership here has no clue about this particular set up apparently. I guess I’ll be doing some you tube searching and find the parts.
You just have to know which one it is because we have two instead of one.

DosChorros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it would be very expensive. You would have to change the ECU’s to non cat ones. I have a 4 star boat too. I haven’t had any problems. The only thing I’ve read is the O2 sensor I think number two. Something to do with water getting on them. I have over 300 hrs with no issue yet. I would just replace the sensor. I think there’s a couple videos on it.
I’m sure it would be. I’ll just have to change it myself I’m sure.

DosChorros

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You just have to know which one it is because we have two instead of one.
I have read that as well but I don’t think the scan identifies which one or am I wrong? All I was told was O2 sensor and we don’t get those parts here. LOL

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think there’s any meaningful advantage to eliminating it. The four star boats aren’t rated for any less power right?
It’ll stink less when you’re slow cruising or surfing.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think there’s any meaningful advantage to eliminating it. The four star boats aren’t rated for any less power right?
It’ll stink less when you’re slow cruising or surfing.
They’re a bit slower. They don’t build as high rpm’s. I only get a little over 7200 rpm’s

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have read that as well but I don’t think the scan identifies which one or am I wrong? All I was told was O2 sensor and we don’t get those parts here. LOL
If I remember correctly in a video the scan had said the number. Worse case replace both.
it looks like they’re both the same number.

SENSOR
6DE-8592A-00-00

Last edited: