• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Economical precut marine mat

dvrice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How was it in your old Yamaha? Hold up okay? I assume you must have liked it to plan to purchase it again.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Black tip and Hydro Turf are on a similar quality level. I have used both on PWC applications with good luck. I think a person has to set their expectations that at a third the price, it may not be of the same durability, but at a huge cost savings. SeaDek and Marine Mat are well known for their ability to hold up even with the cutting/layering process. Purchasing them from a known distributor that cuts them with a proven template is important as well. Many third party mats can be cut from bulk, just like the next guy, but how accurate is their template?

That being said, there are different grades of the budget flooring as well. They hydro turf kit I installed in our previous SeaDoo X20 was thicker and molded rather than cut. I did find it held up well and we didn't experience the flake off that many complained about. The cut versions tended to flake quite a bit more. And folks thought it was dirt when pressure washing, only to find they were tearing it up. We bought the kit from a dealer that specialized in SeaDoo and had great templates.

If you go for multi-color/cut versions, be sure it is thicker and can handle the abuse. There are so many flooring options, and without touching and feeling, it may be difficult to tell what is quality and what is not. Just set your expectations based on the price and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck,