• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory depth finder not working, maybe this is why?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need some help as I’m not as electrical savvy as I wish I was compared to mechanical… We finally got our boat from our dealer who stored it for us over winter when we bought in January. During the water test they were up front and honest about the speedometer not working and the depth finder not working. I owed them for a scupper replacement that didn’t go well which is another discussion. So I offered to call it even if they’d give me the hummingbird GPS Helix 5 I’ve been wanting and some boat buckles. They took the deal.

As I’m looking into it I see what I believe is an inline fuse? And it looks like something is missing inside it (the fuse?). The depth sounder doesn’t look like it’s getting any power to it. When I turn the nav/courtesy lights on the dash lights are all lit besides depth sounder, obviously (I believe it has its own light anyways). All the wires look good behind the helm so I doubt it’s a cut wire.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should be a fuse in there

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm researching Factory Depth Finder issues also, but I'm getting power but the number is stuck and not changing with depth and reading bottom.
That certainly looks like its missing a fuse. Anything in the shop manual? I'll take a look...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just confirmed my 2007 has that fuse also but i can't unscrew it with one hand so I'll have to wait for a little person this afternoon to confirm the size,
Nothing in my 2007 manual about this fuse

20210508_122634.jpg

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just confirmed my 2007 has that fuse also but i can't unscrew it with one hand so I'll have to wait for a little person this afternoon to confirm the size,
Nothing in my 2007 manual about this fuse

View attachment 149329
I was able to barely squeeze the top half of my body with my arms inside the helm and stabilizing myself with the edges and sitting.. it was a success tho! I put the fuse in the wrong way at first bcuz it’s such a b&tch to get in there..

Attachments

Blacksnow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am having the same problem. What type of fuse did you use? I just bought the boat and there is no fuse in there and the depth finder has no power. You mentioned you put the fuse in the wrong way, does it matter which way it would face?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having the same problem. What type of fuse did you use? I just bought the boat and there is no fuse in there and the depth finder has no power. You mentioned you put the fuse in the wrong way, does it matter which way it would face?
I didn’t think it would matter but when I flipped the fuse around it seemed to beep and work 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ I bought a package of them at the local auto parts store, small cylinder metal tips with fuse in middle. I ended up not having luck with it reading out so I installed my own transducer with my humningbird helix finder/GPS