• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FAULT CODES ON ROTAX 4TEC ENGINE

Evangelos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hello to your members first of all thats my first message to your forum
I purchased a second hand CHAPARRAL 223VR WITH TWO ROTAX JET ENGINES 2X200 4TEC
At my first trip i ve noticed a Check engine light and at the fault page the bellow codes
P013A STBD
P2246 PORT
P0136 PORT
P2096 POST

Should i stop operating the boat or i can repair at the end of the season ??
Has somebody any idea about the sensors i need to replace ??

Thank you in advance

Evangelos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
ive notice 2 o2 sensors upstream (before cat) and downstream (after cat) does anyone have BOSCH codes ????

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Attached are your fault codes. The O2 sensors are notorious for faulting. On the new engines they remove the Cats and (I believe) the sensors. mine are currently faulting but does not hurt anything.

There is a FB page that has a lot of great info on just about everything with Chaparral Boat. Micah runs it.

Attachments

Evangelos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Attached are your fault codes. The O2 sensors are notorious for faulting. On the new engines they remove the Cats and (I believe) the sensors. mine are currently faulting but does not hurt anything.

There is a FB page that has a lot of great info on just about everything with Chaparral Boat. Micah runs it.
Thanks for the reply . Very interesting info the removal of cat