• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

gas light came on.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Anyone know if the low fuel light will still work properly if the gas gauge doesn't work. I know I need to fix the gauge but yesterday the indicator light came on , first time it has done that. I'm wondering if the gauge and light are separate systems or if the light came on because the gauge needle was sporadically moving around

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you certain it is the gas light and not the oil light. In the year that I had my LX210 I never saw the gas light but I did see the oil light once.

If it was the gas light and the fuel level was low then perhaps the sender works but the gauge is bad. The sender is the expensive part.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Bruce , I'm pretty sure it is the fuel light. I think it was in the shape of a gas pump . But I will check tonight to be sure

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If the sending unit got stuck at the bottom on a bouncy ride or something then yes, it's the light. Pull it out, clean it up. I posted on the other site about a wema replacement that may work better for you

Put this into google:
Wema fuel site:yamahajetboaters.com
I think thats how it works, sorry, hard to do on phone