• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help needed - 242x

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I have a 2020 242x. The ballast controller (F3F-U8197-10-00) failed last year and they are sold out EVERYWHERE. I've been talking with Yamaha Corporate over the past year and they still do not have an estimate as to when this part will go back into production. They said if I can find one, they will pay for it.

Anyone have an idea where I can find this part??

Has anyone seen a salvage yard out there that would have a 242x being parted out?

Thanks!!

Jcnadal7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I have a 2020 242x. The ballast controller (F3F-U8197-10-00) failed last year and they are sold out EVERYWHERE. I've been talking with Yamaha Corporate over the past year and they still do not have an estimate as to when this part will go back into production. They said if I can find one, they will pay for it.

Anyone have an idea where I can find this part??

Has anyone seen a salvage yard out there that would have a 242x being parted out?

Thanks!!
Did you ever get the part?