• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I was so close…

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Found myself in what would become 7+ hour weather related delay at the ATL airport last week when I received a call from my dealership. I’m still waiting to receive the 2022 252se we put a deposit on and thought I had just received “the call”. I thought this will take the sting off sitting in the airport watching the rain. Turns out they received a 252xe and he was giving me the option to purchase it if I wanted. I declined.

This was the first 25’ bowrider they’ve received in some time. I’m hoping it’s a positive sign that the boat we want will be following sooner than later but who knows with Yamaha’s crazy way of doing things. However, I’m curious if any others have recently received or heard of dealerships receiving a 252se or even sd? I’m grasping for reasons to remain optimistic that we’ll get our boat sooner than later. Thanks.

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have been waiting for my 252SD since July 2021.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have been waiting for my 252SD since July 2021.
Wow! That’s crazy. Sorry to hear that. Was there several people on the list ahead of you at your local dealer or have they not received one at all?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you can afford it - take the XD. I went above my budget to take what was in stock and glad I did.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It’s the 252XE that’s in stock. An XD would be more intriguing but not by much. The price difference on the XE is negligible but it’s not what we want - wrong interior color for my wife, added features we don’t care about and losing features we do. I flirted with buying a wake boat a month or so ago but ultimately decided to wait for the Yamaha. I’d go back to a wake boat over the XE.

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Wow! That’s crazy. Sorry to hear that. Was there several people on the list ahead of you at your local dealer or have they not received one at all?
Several ahead. I think there are still 3 ahead of me based on the last time I checked a month ago

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thumbs up for staying with your plan. It'll be a sweet reward when you get exactly what you want.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Several ahead. I think there are still 3 ahead of me based on the last time I checked a month ago
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for you soon.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I’ve searched periodically to see if any are popping up as “available” around the country but haven’t found much. I’m hoping that’s because they’re all spoken for so they don’t ever hit the web as “available” but who knows.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’ve searched periodically to see if any are popping up as “available” around the country but haven’t found much. I’m hoping that’s because they’re all spoken for so they don’t ever hit the web as “available” but who knows.
Some dealers post their inventory on this site in the for sale section. I have seen 252s several times.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
The price difference on the XE is negligible but it’s not what we want - wrong interior color for my wife, added features we don’t care about and losing features we do.
I originally wanted the 252XE only because of color scheme but once I started really doing my research, I too decided that I would rather have a 252 SE/SD because I don't really want/need the wake features and would benefit from the other features.

However, my biggest concern (aside from availability) is color choices... I only want the cool interior which means my choices will be even further limited. I'm supposedly first on the 2023 list at my dealer.

BeeBee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Wait for what you want and don’t settle. It will be worth it.

If it’s any consolation, I had to drive 4 hours to order mine (Sept). It arrived in December but could not pick it up till April. Another 4 hour drive each way to tow it back. 252SD.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It happened again. Dealer called yesterday, got me all excited but had another 252XE instead of my SE. This time in white instead of black. I was tempted to take it because I’m ready to get out on the water but my wife talked some sense into me. The wait continues.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It happened again. Dealer called yesterday, got me all excited but had another 252XE instead of my SE. This time in white instead of black. I was tempted to take it because I’m ready to get out on the water but my wife talked some sense into me. The wait continues.
Stay strong

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Stay strong
I appreciate the support. If we were willing to settle to get on the water ASAP I’d go with an used boat over a new boat we’re not thrilled with. I’ve seen a few nice used boats pop up on this site that would save us $15k - $30k. Used boat prices are still a poor value but I’d rather spend less if I was going to settle.