• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keeping boat in water 2012 242 LS

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the write-up I did on my charger install to let the dual bank charger work with the (D)VSR: http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58251

I am happy with the charger but wish I had stayed smaller on the batteries. Group 31 can be too big for the boat's charging system when run down and waiting 6 hours for them to charge is just too long. The bigger chargers will charge faster but also require sturdier cords as you get further from an outlet.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This thread took a turn towards chargers. Got that solved. Thanks for all the info.

Now one more point to discuss: gunk, slime, and potential boat damage when left in water. Anybody having problems with gel coat or other permanent damage? I know I need to use something similar to rejex or this JJVs Best at least...

Is a lift worth the $? Brand and type of lift aside (there are other threads on that topic), I am finding around here that a used lift is retaining 80% of it's new value after 5-6 years. So, if I buy a lift for $6K, I can use it a few years and sell it. Will I have a couple grand additional value in my boat by lifting it?

Or will the boat be just fine in the water? It is a BOAT afterall...

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Gumbeaux are you boating in a lake or salt? When our lake warms up scum grows like crazy on the boat bottom. I left my boat in the water from August to November this year and it was gross. I got a used Hydrohoist lift installed a few weeks ago. Worth the money for sure. Piece of mind that the boat isn't sitting in the water all the time and that it stays clean.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Until recently I kept my boat in the water at a marina. The boat was under a covered slip. The bottom of the boat can get nasty and I cleaned it at least twice a year. You will get stains (they can be cleaned) and the housings will get growth as well. Last year we moved our new place has a private covered dock. This lake is much cleaner and we don't get near as much growth; but, I decided to get a lift, Foatair, to be able to get the boat clean and keep it that way. I now have a clean boat as if I trailered it but also the advantage of very easy use. It is also nice to not have to take the boat out just to clean it. I can do as much or as little as I want. To your point they do hold their value pretty good. If you don't mind pulling her out and cleaning her regularly you may not want to invest in a lift. Hope this helps.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat sits in the water with no issues. Yeah, it gets growth but that just means I'm not running WOT enough. I keep meaning to buy a lift but just can't ever bring myself to. The big problem I have is its another piece of equipment to maintain and remove from the water every November. Seems like less effort to resolve the anodes dry few seasons and clean the hull at least once per season. Cleaning the hull takes about 4 hours. Changing the anodes is 5 minutes.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@242YLS
I have 10 amp chargers in stock. Feel free to reach out to me.
thanks!
Jason