• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Neutral safety switch

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You can buy a conductive grease with metal flakes in it. I never do, I use dielectric grease on everything and never had issues. For example, on my KTM Super Adventure (that's sometimes underwater), I redid all the connections with dielectric grease and a rubber tape wrap, or just grease if can't wrap like ignition switches. Never an issue with connectivity, zero rust.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watch out for the conductive grease. If it spreads it can cause a short of it reaches the other pole.

Metal to metal surface needs to be generous for connectivity, but dielectric grease will help keep arcs from forming and hopefully help the connection stay cool on those circumstances.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where are the relays normally located? I’m going to check part numbers and order spares after reading all this. I have a 215 ID. 2019.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
They are inside of a fuse box at the back of your boat somewhere. I have a 165 so the boat layout is quite different from yours. But for me (and probably for you), the black fuse box is right beside my battery. It's probably near the master red switch somewhere. There are fuses and these relays in there.

FTM3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
2018 scarab 215 id 500hp . Will not go to neutral/ reverse once throttled passed 5 mph without stopping completely ( turning sharply) changed relays . Does not creep once in neutral reverse works as well . Confused 🤔

FTM3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
2018 scarab 215 id 500hp . Will not go to neutral/ reverse once throttled passed 5 mph without stopping completely ( turning sharply) changed relays . Does not creep once in neutral reverse works as well . Confused 🤔

Any help greatly appreciated

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't have a Scarab but I can say I did not understand your problem description...AND this is an old thread. How about a new thread with some additional info. What happens when, and what should happen instead?

Good Luck!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
@Beachbummer agreed. I didn't respond because the question was unclear and non specific. Very hard to respond to this. Agreed it should be in a new thread as well. This person then followed up on Facebook (screenshot attached) and got similar non detailed responses.

@FTM3 Many of us are willing to help, but you really need to be clear about what you mean and write in an appropriate thread where the title makes sense. So re-work your question... what do you mean by "falling into" (Facebook post)... etc. You need to be very clear what you mean. If you still didn't get the response you wanted from either here or Facebook, repost as @Beachbummer said in a new thread appropriate to the question.

Many of us are both on that Facebook page and here.

1704742451556.png