• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member, new Switch owner

Tallboy56

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Switch
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I found this forum searching for info or input regarding the Sea Doo Switch. I have a 2023 21 ft Cruise 230HP. Just some of my thoughts regarding the boat: it's certainly not perfect but all boats are a compromise, right? These boats apparently are hot sellers but are still in the early stages of market growth. The wife really likes it so it's a success so far. Not my first or only boat...I have a fishing boat as well. Looking forward to gaining and sharing info.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the community.

Didn’t see your approximate location listed on your profile. Where do you generally boat?

Tallboy56

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Switch
Boat Length
I'm in the NC mountains.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Welcome and tons of knowledge on Jetboat, prop and sail.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I found this forum searching for info or input regarding the Sea Doo Switch. I have a 2023 21 ft Cruise 230HP. Just some of my thoughts regarding the boat: it's certainly not perfect but all boats are a compromise, right? These boats apparently are hot sellers but are still in the early stages of market growth. The wife really likes it so it's a success so far. Not my first or only boat...I have a fishing boat as well. Looking forward to gaining and sharing info.
Was wondering about the Switch. I see them around. Nice to have an actual owners opinion.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very little is known about these on the board, I've seen already 2 or 3 out " in the wild".

How fast have you gotten it to go? How does it handle? what kind of seas have you seen in it? What do you like about it the most?

Congratulations on the new boat!

Gapper

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Switch
Boat Length
Other
Bought Switch Sport 19 two months ago and It's plenty for my four family members. Pulled them on a tube.
Very easy handling, docking, etc. Most fun I've had on a lake in a long time!

FireMedicFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m in the process of purchasing a new 21’ Sport 230hp. I am considering downsizing to the 21’ sport 170hp for this reason
Does anyone know if the supercharger can be dc’d once it goes bad? The rotax 1630 ace can go 2000 hours with good maintenance and no abusing it. The supercharger replacement price is $3k just for the part!

Tallboy56

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Switch
Boat Length
I’m in the process of purchasing a new 21’ Sport 230hp. I am considering downsizing to the 21’ sport 170hp for this reason
Does anyone know if the supercharger can be dc’d once it goes bad? The rotax 1630 ace can go 2000 hours with good maintenance and no abusing it. The supercharger replacement price is $3k just for the part!
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by " dc'd"? And, " once it goes bad".... is that something you have knowledge or experience with?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I would guess DC is disconnect? I wouldn’t say superchargers go bad, but do believe they need rebuilt / replaced eventually.

BehindBars

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
If you check the spec sheet for Rotax 1630 engines, you’ll see that the supercharged 230 has a lower compression ratio than the naturally aspirated versions. If you “dc’d” (removed?) the supercharger from the 230, I suspect you would end up with a pretty wimpy engine.