• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOCO GENIUS charger inlet install

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Looks really nice. I am going to ask a dumb question...why drill in reverse? Is it due to the fibers in the fiberglass?
Starting the drill bit in reverse scores the gel coat in a less aggressive manner, this lessens the chances of chipping it.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Great Job! It looks awesome!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's just fiberglass dust from counter sinking those holes for stress relief. They went through. One size smaller than the screw.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just drilled my first hole in the boat doing this project !!! (Not gonna lie I was a little nervous) Took 10 minutes total and it looks like it came right from Yamaha

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just drilled my first hole in the boat doing this project !!! (Not gonna lie I was a little nervous) Took 10 minutes total and it looks like it came right from Yamaha
Congratulations! one of many to come I bet :)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@steined nice job ! I was just shown this thread after starting my own post on the subject. Question: I have a 1 7/8" hole saw, the NOCO says it will work vs. the 2" you used. Was there enough play to confirm this. Once I get the part from amazon I'll dry run on a pirce of plywood to confirm.....

as for the drain hole I would think one could be added at most any orientation if need be.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@justason - Someone beat me to it. . . . I just saw your post and was going to link you to this thread. = )

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey! I can't be sure, but 1 7/8 should work. There was play in there. Save yourself some time and find some stainless screws though. The ones that came with it look to have corrosion already.

@steined nice job ! I was just shown this thread after starting my own post on the subject. Question: I have a 1 7/8" hole saw, the NOCO says it will work vs. the 2" you used. Was there enough play to confirm this. Once I get the part from amazon I'll dry run on a pirce of plywood to confirm.....

as for the drain hole I would think one could be added at most any orientation if need be.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put mine so I could access it through the fuel zipper with the cover on.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ummm, its bit unsettling seeing that prominent warning sign about explosive gasoline right above your electrical plug... especially that part about "away from sparks" :confused:
Since most on-board chargers don't have their own on/off switches, its not uncommon to get brief spark when you attach a live cord to that plug. :nailbiting:

While I realize you're not filling the gas tank at the same time as plugging in the charger, the fuel tank does vent fumes all the time - especially when its hot out. I would be very cautious with this plug location. In this case, I would always make sure the extension cord is not live when plugging/unplugging to the boat. Only plug in the live connection at the far end of the extension cord. :cool:

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Ummm, did you READ that warning sign ... especially that part about "away from sparks"? :confused:
Since most on-board chargers don't have their own on/off switches, its not uncommon to get brief spark when you attach a live cord to that plug. :nailbiting:

While I realize you're not filling the gas tank at the same time as plugging in the charger, the fuel tank does vent fumes all the time - especially when its hot out. I would be very cautious with this plug location. In this case, I would always make sure the extension cord is not live when plugging/unplugging to the boat. Only plug in the live connection at the far end of the extension cord. :cool:
Take that warning sticker off!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!! HEHEHE...:eek::cool:;):devilhorns:

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The gas tank cap does not vent fumes at all, the fuel tank vent is a good 8" away from the plug.. On top of that the gas tank does not vent enough fumes to spark an ignition from that far away..

I guess if it blows up its insured..

Look at the original posters pics, his plug in is actually closer to his vent then mine is.. Keep in mind I have a 212X not a 232.. And no I will not be filling the boat with the electrical port plugged in or open for that matter.