• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordered 2015 242 Limited S

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a quick question. I am in the process of buying a 2015 242 Limited S. I am leaning towards the black. I am just curious how bad are the water and salt spots when it dries?
Thanks
Ron
I have a black one and I keep a bottle of Lucas slick mist in my truck. It works great wet or dry. Just spray on and wipe off. Takes off water spots and adds some wax.
PS. My last names Moore too. Gotta love black when it's clean.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi, @Ronald Moore ! Good of ya to find us. We are very glad you're here.
While I cannot answer your question, as you are in salt water, I know there are members who will help you on this.
In the meantime, I just wanted to Welcome you here ! And wish you a superb Boating Season.
The boat you are buying is simply THE BOMB !
Sincere Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On Lake Oconee, GA, where we root for the GREAT Georgia BullDogs <and NOT the South Carolina Gamecocks...LOL !>

And, oh yeah ..........

View attachment 18127
Thanks Mikey.. and have gotten some great tips already. :)

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello, Ordered a 2015 242 Limited S today. It's done! Hopefully we will meet you in Mount Pleasant, SC waters one day. Pick it up this Monday. Now will order all the extras need. I did find out that this ~June the Connext will have a upgrade for a GPS chart plotter. So I need a chart plotter to fill the gap as a recommendation. Not being familiar with the water in charleston, SC I will not go out without one.

Thanks Mike
Hi MauiMike,
Question for you regarding the chart plotter. Did they say weather or not you would be able to update the 2015 with the new chart plotter software? Also were you the family in Charleston Powersports from Seattle ? What color did you go with?
Thanks
Ron

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello Ron,

Yes, we spoke to you Saturday at CPS right? Went with black. I spoke with the GM of CPS today, and he said he was not sure the Connext would be upgradable to GPS however, John felt it would be. I picked up a Chart plotter at West Marine that goes on sale next week. I posted the details under the eletronics/GPS area of this form. You can't beat 2.99% at 180 months with 5 year YES. Well I guess 1.99% or zero would due!

Mike

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. I live across the bridge from you, and might be picking up a gray '15 LS in a couple of weeks. I have several dozen hours around the water in Charleston in the 05 SX230 I picked up in July, and I can tell you, it's been a blast. There are two times that I've found my plotter handy, at night, when it's hard to spot those channel markers ( :wideyed: ), and when getting around Folly, where some of the channels dry out almost completely at low tide, and it's a bit of a hassle to do a U turn to get back to deeper waters. I've never ran it aground, though the LS does draft a few more inches.

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
CHSJET, Great hope to meet up with you! Check out the new pics of location of the chart plotter in the eletronics/GPS area of the fourm. I just got a vision chip and will be taking her out to test it out. It will plot the course depending on what you set the depth of your boat. I'm going with 3.0 feet as recommended by Yamaha.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited: