• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking her up soon!

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Well I pulled the trigger on a brand new 2014 Scarab 215 HO impulse with the twin 250's. Boat is in red with premium sound system, no wake tower, tandem axle trailer, and underwater docking lights.

I also am having the dealer do a dual battery set-up since the boat will be stored up at Lake Wallenpaupack in PA in a wet slip. In addition I also ordered the bow filler cushions and the scarab smart mat. I read somewhere on here that this mat wasn't really good quality but the wife absolutely loved the look and feel of it at the boat show so I'm sure you can figure out the rest of that story!

Quick question that I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember the answer to when I did this same situation a couple years ago. I will be trading in my current boat, and I can't remember what exact paper work I need to bring to the dealer to complete the transaction. My current boat is owned free and clear with no liens and I plan to purchase the new one the same way. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! I reside in PA if that matters, and the dealer I purchased from is in upstate NY. Thanks in advance!

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You just need the titles for both the boat and trailer which you are trading.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! When do you get to pick her up?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Post up a couple pics when you get her.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, we look forward to hearing your experiences with it,

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! I couldn't remember if I received the title to the boat after I registered it or not. But it makes sense that I would need the titles for the trade in. I have to go look in my important papers file to see what I have. Can I assume with certainty that when I registered the boat in PA they then sent me the title in the mail? My memory is terrible these days lol

I should be picking her up either the last weekend in April or the first in May! Will attempt to post some pics soon after that!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You definitely should've...but that doesn't mean anything. When I bought my seadoo last year from the original owner, he had never received a title. It was financed, and the bank had never received it either. Same deal when I bought my Yamaha this year except he never financed his. NC has a combination lost title/bill of sale form, so it makes it pretty easy here.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll look for you on the lake! Make sure you fly your flag!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @Jet16 here in CA we use titles for both the boat and trailer. I'm sure you've got yours hidden someplace ;)

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words guys! Hey Bill, I think I'm the one that has the slip across from you at WLE. Traded the Yammi for the Scarab. Hope to see you on the lake this year!

Todd