• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about wiring the speakers

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the factory head unit in my 2012 LS. It's the Aquatic AV. One of the features of this stereo is the ability to turn off the rear spekers. When you turn off the rear speakers, the 2 on the swim platform and the 2 rear speakers in the cabin turn off. (please don't recommend replacing the head unit cuz it ain't happening-it works and I have other mods to do first). I am adding a 5 channel amp and sub this weekend.

My questions are, has anyone with this head unit wired the speakers so when you turn off the rear speakers just the speakers on the swim platform turn off? Are the bow speakers and tweeters tied to the same channel from the stereo? Are The transom and rear cabin speakers run off the same channel from stereo?

I want to be able to turn off the transom speakers when cruising without turning off any of the other speakers.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not sure on the tower speakers and where they are tied in, but once you add your amp just put the bow and cockpit speakers on the front channel and the transom speakers on the rear. Then all you'd have to do is fade to the front and your swim platform speakers will be off. This will likely require you to run new wires from the amp to the cockpit and transom speakers, unless the transom speakers are tied in at the cockpit speakers, in which case you'd just need to run to the cockpit speakers and tie the transoms in there. The other speaker connections you can do behind the radio...confused yet?