• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Moon rise tonight.

A161B14E-DBFB-4400-9AD5-45165DD6EE95.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this “Dippin Donzi” for sale locally, after seeing the price I call it Tripping Donzi (owner) but I saw several people checking it out this weekend so maybe it is priced “right”. 09F549F5-BFD6-4421-B79E-92A98406B9A9.jpeg84BF4D69-F96F-4CC6-A92A-845B53EDBB47.jpeg

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Saw this “Dippin Dondi” for sale locally, after seeing the price I call it Tripping Dondi (owner) but I saw several people checking it out this weekend so maybe it is priced “right”. View attachment 201421View attachment 201420
I’ve been seeing them for 15-20 in excellent/restored condition so 13k in fair/useable condition seems about right.
It’s a bucket list boat!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet this started as a loose cleat nut.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet this started as a loose cleat nut.

Since the body of the cleat is still attached to the boat it looks like either a manufacturing defect in how the pop-out part is attached, or the force exceeded the cleat’s rating/capability. (I don’t see any load rating on Attwood’s site.)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Crazy. The pictures don't do it justice. Visibility is less than a mile.

View attachment 201523
This happens a lot in South Florida when the Everglades are burning up. I love the look of the sun towards dusk and dawn with the smoke in the atmosphere. Are you close enough to get the ash falling?

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This happens a lot in South Florida when the Everglades are burning up. I love the look of the sun towards dusk and dawn with the smoke in the atmosphere. Are you close enough to get the ash falling?
No ash, luckily. But a ton of fine particles in the air that are rough on anyone with asthma or other respiratory issues. About a third of the people in the grocery store this morning had masks on. Probably a smart thing to do.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No ash, luckily. But a ton of fine particles in the air that are rough on anyone with asthma or other respiratory issues. About a third of the people in the grocery store this morning had masks on. Probably a smart thing to do.
We have been in the same wind pattern as you for the last couple of days, though today that has shifted West and rain clouds are on us now.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We had our daughter, Hieka and my Niece visit for the weekend and went to Assateaque island to see the ponies and deer.View attachment 201550View attachment 201554View attachment 201556View attachment 201557View attachment 201559View attachment 201560View attachment 201562
We used to take our 14’ duck boat and camp there at the state park. Can’t tell you how many horses chewed threw screen tents and damaged cars. At the end of the day, they are still wild animals. Great place to visit!

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Off boat topic, but I have a general question. I have an outdoor TV and living in central Florida we have liquid air with high humidity. Is there a product I can spray or apply to my HDMI ports for hooking up my Firestick to my outdoor TV as my firestick is having issues grabbing a connection. I’m no electrician so I’m not sure what could work or could damage the TV or HDMI ports to help with the connection or rust issues I am seeing…
As always, everyone’s help is greatly appreciated!
View attachment 201221
There’s some electric contact sprays you could try on Amazon. Might start with WD-40. WD = “water displacement” 40 = number of attempts to find formulation.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Off boat topic, but I have a general question. I have an outdoor TV and living in central Florida we have liquid air with high humidity. Is there a product I can spray or apply to my HDMI ports for hooking up my Firestick to my outdoor TV as my firestick is having issues grabbing a connection. I’m no electrician so I’m not sure what could work or could damage the TV or HDMI ports to help with the connection or rust issues I am seeing…
As always, everyone’s help is greatly appreciated!
Look for something called "conformal coating". I've used the spray version for a few things. I dunno how it would work for your purposes, but after seeing that pic, there's no way it could be worse! LOL For your use, I might even consider opening up a TV and covering all the boards inside before putting it into service outside, but that's prolly a guaranteed warranty voider should anything go wrong down the road, even if it helped and wasn't the issue.

That would be for newer items without all that corrosion. If you unplug it, you could try naval jelly, but as with anything you're going to try, any of these things may hasten the demise of that TV. I'd go with the conformal coating if you end up getting a new replacement unit though.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We used to take our 14’ duck boat and camp there at the state park. Can’t tell you how many horses chewed threw screen tents and damaged cars. At the end of the day, they are still wild animals. Great place to visit!
No matter how many signs are posted people must find out for themselves. I have seen the ponies go into tents to get food, eat food campers leave on tables etc. I have also seen visitors take their young children right up to them to get pictures. I have even had a relative get kicked.. As you said they are still wild. Ponies.