• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starting issues

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 18 ar240 is having issues not starting the port engine til after the starboard engine has been started first. Any clue? Like completely dead.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When did the problem first appear? Are you just bringing the boat out of winter storage by chance and just happened to reconnect all the battery terminals? Possible a loose ground somewhere Or a voltage issue that requires more cranking power to turn one engine over than the other but running one bumps up the voltage in the system.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it’s battery related. It happened twice. Last week and once this. I don’t winterize my boat. And it stays on the charger anytime I’m not on my boat. I had to use the parallel battery switch for the first time last week to leave the beach.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It aoinds like an electrical / battery issue. I’d start by switching the batteries/connections (because it is the easiest thing to do). If that resolves the issue, pull both batteries and take them in to be tested if the batteries are past their expected life I would replace them both, not just the faulty one. Preventive maintenance has always been easier for me to deal with than a breakdown on the water.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m gonna try and make it fail this weekend. If it does I’m gonna add a third battery and replace the battery if I need to

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something y’all should know Both my amps are on my starting battery. I had to switch it due to blower noise going through my speakers when it was on. Weird problem I know.